Recording a mix 2 ur computer

Marty Mayes

hi guys i wanna no how i can record my mix into my computer i usually record my dj mixes 2 mini disc then get them transfered onto cd which costs me money.. but i wanna no how 2 either record my mix straight into the computer or how 2 record my mini disc mix into my computer

Cheers Marty :thumbsup:

hook your mixer to your pc, by using the cable u record to ure MD - plug the jack into the line in on your pc.

U need sum recording software, if you have nero then there is a programme that is part of that called 'wave editor' i use that to record mine. Pretty simple really.

hook your mixer to your pc, by using the cable u record to ure MD - plug the jack into the line in on your pc.

U need sum recording software, if you have nero then there is a programme that is part of that called 'wave editor' i use that to record mine. Pretty simple really.

Is wave editor on nero m8 :mellow:

Yes it is, if you download the Nero pack Wave Editor is part of it! :-)

Go to the start menu and click on the nero, you will then get a load of different programs to choose from.... including Wave Editor.

Its a separate program to the Nero Burning ROM (which you would normally use to burn cd's with!)

right iv opened nero theres a few things 2 choose from there"s

Favorites Data Audio Photo & Video Copy & Backup Extras

Got wave editor Which sample rate and which bit depth or is it set already

Bear with me plz as i havin used this b4 guys

IV GOT IT BUT THE SOUND INPUT LEVEL IS IN THE RED HOW DO I ADJUST THE SOUND IN WAVE EDITOR

Yep, you need to adjust the record levels on your computer.

What sound card do you have or did you plug the leads into the front or back of your computer? I need to find out whether you have "on board" (motherboard) sound or whether you have an actual sound card in a slot inside your machine :)

double clic kthe volume icon in your system tray, then click options -> properties and then select 'recording', then make sure the 'line in' box is checked. The volume controls will then pop up, turn the line in channel down and tunr your eq's up to where u want them. Now tweak the line in level on you volume control so that the bar doesn't go int othe red on nero. Voila - done!

I remember when I first tried to do this - many hours of hard toil to get it to work! In the end I downloaded CD-Ex for free and I use that with very good results. Glad you got it sorted mate.

This thread may be worth Sticky-ing for others that need help??

I use 'cool edit pro', and 'soundforge' to record & edit my mixes. excellent programs & easy to use :thumbsup:

They enable you to 'perfect' a mix being able to copy & past a particular part/mix into the main mix. Cheating you might say? Well try doing a 2 hour mix in one take without making ANY mistakes. It aint easy..... especially with disco/hip hop where the bpms are all over the shop.....

• 2 weeks later...
I use 'cool edit pro', and 'soundforge' to record & edit my mixes. excellent programs & easy to use :thumbsup:

They enable you to 'perfect' a mix being able to copy & past a particular part/mix into the main mix. Cheating you might say? Well try doing a 2 hour mix in one take without making ANY mistakes. It aint easy..... especially with disco/hip hop where the bpms are all over the shop.....

Good effort mate,

I use Cool edit Pro as well to record mixes and edit tunes. Have used it once or twice to edit a mix but only when I've messed up an otherwise quality mix in the last couple of tracks. I prefer record single take mixes really rather than make them 100% perfect.

Archived