Jules' R1 show (Brit Special) - 11/02/06

Neuro

Yeah l agree.  I think he ought to play a classic tune each week on his show.  Really miss the "Gone but not forgotten" feature.

Keep meaning to email him about it.

The crux of the matter (regarding lack of time) stems from the initial dissolution of the Friday night show at the start of 2001. I think Jules does really a very decent job at meshing the Funky and harder stuff at this 7-9pm time on a Saturday, but another 2 hour slot in the week a bit later on would very much fulfil our appetites for more of the club-orientated stuff, plus give plenty of room for some of the more diverse and obscure tracks that used to find there way in there :)

I thought that the Supermongo track was BY Axwell and Ingrosso. Not sure. That's what I told Jules....

1'st time it came around as 'superdiscohit - superdiscohit' then they changed it, it's buy Steve Angello (supermongo) ax mix. no ingrosso involved.

Yeah no problem guys amending tracklisting online now :thumbsup:

Regarding your words Simcut, wise words! It probably won't ever happen as Radio 1 don't have room, and they're ultimately in charge. A one-off would be good, but who knows? :)

Fantastic track is Neuro 99, means a lot to me personally as it was the tune that got me into following the scene, plus it took me 5 years to ID the track in the first place and obtain a copy of the 99 Mix via someone in Norway (bizarrely). Great to hear Happiness Happening again as well, one of many great Lange remixes from that era.

Yeah l agree.  I think he ought to play a classic tune each week on his show.  Really miss the "Gone but not forgotten" feature.

Keep meaning to email him about it.

I sent Jules an e-mail regarding the above.

He told me he is planning to include a "classic" in his Sat night mix each week as a few people had mentioned it. That's good news. 8-) :D

Archived