Jules' online download service?

Quadrant

Initially it'll just be a range of tracks

That's more than a bit vague. When did you get this, this morning?

It's the language of an individual who has had to fend off similar questions so many times! If we go by how long it took the Hi-gate album to get released, I'm thinking the download service should be ready to coincide with the London Olympics?

:lol::lol: I must admit, from the time things are announced to them actually happening in the music industry does frustrate me. But Jules must get sacks of emails and it is decent that he does reply to each one

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it will be mainly VPL and Hi Gate stuff to kick off with.

Thats what he probably means by 'range'. I think it will expand them with remix's and solo artists.

I wonder if he will put Paul Masterson's stuff up there too?

I've noticed on his JJ.net homepage that he hasn't mentioned the download site for the past few weeks so perhaps it isn't going to be happening for a while yet. Puts me in mind of a favourite line used by the Cornish, "I'll do that "DREKLEY" (meaning directly) only trouble is what it really means is that it might get done next month the month after or next year............... :wall: :lol:

Understandly Jules is very busy, however I do think that this will be up and running v.shortly. Surely he has the cash to just go and pay someone to implement such service?

No doubt it will pay for it self v.quickly! Its always about finding the time in this day and age.... Perhaps a big question with computers and advancing technology, we invent things to make process's easier, but why do we still find our selves so busy? My lecturer once told me, computers were also invented to help reduce paper, in fact we not waste more paper than ever before :|

Time time time.

Time precious time.

If we never take time - how can we ever have time?

Initially it'll just be a range of tracks

Only the entire f***ing back catalogue of Audiojelly.

I was led to believe that it would be a small arena to grab Jules album, plus the tunes that he has been playing recently (those that have been released). The Judge won't Budge? I wish he would give a little, in this instance.

maybe the xtra 50p is going into his skyrocket!!!

That's right, all those 50p's will eventually contribute to go one better than Tiesto and thus allow Jules to parachute from the rocket into his next gig. Clever.

Thinking of the incentives behind this judgemusic.net scheme, maybe it is to lure 'newcomers to the dance scene' to the shop linked from Judgejules.net's site - they listen to a national DJ, they want to get into the scene, they find his website, and an instant shop. But it denies them the opportunity of doing their own research by looking at the track listings (I'm not sucking your c*** Traill I am making a serious point) - on dance boards and online groups and then finding the label and discovering it themselves, which (for me) is always part of the joy when you hear a set from any DJ - finding the music. There's satisfaction from it.

I'm not slating online download stores, but the way in which this has been set up in this case in my opinion will not only trick people into going into a more expensive audiojelly, there's also neither any of Jules' material nor any of the tracks he playing that can't be found anywhere else. Sorry for sounding harsh or like a UFO conspiracy theory but I started this thread and there's been so much anticipation about it and I think it's a real let-down.

And I still stand by my Olympics quote of 2012 before we see Jules' album.

I don't think it's quite as contrived as that mate. At least it gives people the opportunity to find a download store instantly if they're not familiar with downloading as we are, and get people purchasing the tunes and so get more people into the scene. I'm sure his stuff will appear there soon, it's early days.

That's not the point I'm making, re-read what I just said! Any moron can find the real audiojelly it's not difficult. People don't search very hard on the internet these days. All I'm questioning is the incentives behind the existence of the store...

Archived