How About A Board Mix CD

JasonB

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right somone does a mix of like 3 tracks or summat, burns to cd sens to next person they mix in at the end of the last track of the first persons mix and does their bit, burns all the to cd pases onto to next person etc...

That make any sense?! :(

Optimistically I dont think that would work, mixing the first three tracks then burning it would mean that the next person wuold have great difficulty in carrying on the mix unless that have cd decks.....

How would someone continue the mix if they got decks etc???

Even a normal CD player (that isn't part of an 80's stack system) should have a red and white socket at the back. Instead of connecting it to an amp, plug it in to your mixer and use the 'line' function. 2 Turntables could still be left plugged in, but remember to swap over one of them from 'line' to 'phono'! The whole thing would output to a PC as normal, but obviously the whole CD (as recorded so far) would need to be played back in full and recorded - I wouldn't want to be the last!!!!

I'm up for it tho 8)

I would love to go first, not just for the ease of use etc... I would like to kick things off and give the cd a good feel! I believe the rest of you guys would continue it seeminglessly..... (if thats word exists)!

What sort of mood we looking at? Despite my large vinyl collection, it is about a year out of date..... :roll: :roll:

count me in defo, should be fun :lol::lol::lol:

yeah it can be done, may need a bit of fiddling to get the volumes correct but should be ok i reckon....!

only problem is that u have to record from the beginning of the cd, so as u mentioned steve, the further on you go the longer you have to wait till its your turn to mix!!

Lol, jeez imagine being the last one though, that'll be about 60 mins to go through. I'd have no probs in Aza going first since he doesn't have Cd players.

Imagine the tunes we can dig out! Am getting excited already...

I'll need some advice for recording to PC/laptop though, since I am technically inept.

Archived