Julesy (and others) radio one soundclash/comic relief thing

timllmixit82

Alright folks! Thanks for letting me into this AMAZING forum. I can honestly say that i don't follow the Judge these days, mostly because my tastes have changed, but without a shadow of a doubt, he's one of my biggest idols from back in the day and having lost my bags of old tapes where i'd sit in and record his various sets on radio one, this site is a little goldmine for me!

That said, i've been trying to find any recordings (i had on tape but as mentioned, long lost) of the Radio One comic relief DJ battle from...2003/2004 i think. It was a battle between the likes of westwood, spoony, fabio and grooverider, jules, tong, dangerous davey p, i think Lottie was involved too... I mostly want them for Julesys sets, where he was playing some of his own mash ups especially made for the event, one i remember was Alanis Morrisete vs Josh Wink.

Can anyone help!?

Welcome to the Archives and glad we have been a goldmine for you for reminiscing :)

I was having a look for this and could only find the Comic Relief battle from 2001, which Jules lost to Norman Cook from memory... (Didn't Fergie win it in the end!?)

Can you let us know where you found any recordings so we can add them to the archives?

Hey Neuro,

Thanks for the welcome, and the reply!

I first found a bunch of the 2001 event sets, one of which was Jules vs Fatboy Slim. And yes indeed, Fergie won that year which was a bit suspect since it was the same time he got his R1 residency! Jules was just all about the banter on these DJ battles with his mash ups and that's what it was all about in the end. Fatboy Slim should easily have won that though.

THEN i stumbled upon the 2003 show which is actually the one i was after, with that Alanis Vs Josh Wink mash up! I found it here:

I've downloaded it, and i''m happy to cut it up to just the Jules sets if you like?

• 3 months later...

I recorded the 2003 one live onto mini disc and cut out all the bits in between sets, its much better quality than the one above. if I get around to it ill rip / upload it from the 4 or 5 discs its on. I was told by someone that went to this that Fergie cleared the floor during some of his sets......

i think i have one from 2005 ish as well maybe before that Seb fontaine or Pete Tong won but i don't think its all the broadcast? will have a look

• Like 1

• 3 years later...