Some Advise Please Chaps......

Aza

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys, apologies for the frequency of my input on the board, but I have been extremely busy working over time at my part time job and also looking for another one, my days are just flying by.......

I keep meaning to put up all my demos and tracklistings..... [maybe a thought, if someone has a few spare hundred megs then I could upload my sets and with the tracklistings you can just downlaod what interests you (despite the tracklistings being old etc... as I have not bought any new tunage for a while because of the subject of this post!!) ANYWAYS......

Right guys I need some advise......

Firstly, I initially decided to make the transition over to the cd-j's after much contemplation weighing up the pros n cons etc....

Due to a change in circumstances, university coming to an end and needing new accomodation, I thought I would try save up maybe for a deposit for a place to live. I think its extremely important and rewarding if you can get on the property ladder......

I need a place to live by September and have been trying to save up, I also am attempting to sell my decks and all my vinly etc to buy cds. But as they are worth a lot, I thought that would contribute a substantial amount and I could have a place to live, sooner rather than later. After all you cant really play on your decks without a place to live.......

So I am not sure whether to sell up and use the money towards a place and then re-save to buy some cd-js (which on the down side may take some time & I loose my most passionate hobby) or I will have a nice place to live and maybe buy the time I do save up cd-j's may have come down in value.....

Your thoughts please?????????

This is tricky... but at the end of the day you need somewhere to live mate, that has to come first because moving to a new location is never ever as straight-forward as it seems, and often takes a lot longer to sort.

I say get somewhere to live first, sort that out, then you can save like f*** for the Pioneers. I'll sort your eBay pages out for you within the next week, then you're all ready to go and flog em when the time is ready.

I can't imagine it'd take you long to pick it up again, but as you say it's the hassle of having to wait... :?

TRUE! Glad you understand Tim mate.

I am in a dilemma, I love mixing, I would love to get out and get a residency, it is a passionate past time (The beat goes on.......).

I think I wont loose my talent's, just my touch and that will come back with practise thats all. I am confident enough to give it a shot, however I jus think imagine I did get a place then I would have nothing to do as a hobby (apart from do the house work lol :shock: )

In my opinion it's definitely worth securing a solid and safe place to live first, and then take your time to make a *quality* application to somewhere for a residency - rather than scrape by with a dodgy house deal, getting your decks quickly and rushing any applications :)

It'll be worth the wait, I think!

Mate, you're getting old :D About 3.5 years ago, I was convinced by the gf to buy a house with her. Now we've sold it and are moving back to her hometown. Because we bought wisely, we have made a very tidy sum and can afford to both quit work for 2 months and go on a 3 country holiday. When we get back, we will find jobs and then look for another house to buy (we're gonna rent til then). But first there's a wicked holiday to enjoy!

We have been extremely lucky, but if we hadn't have bought this house, we couldn't afford the 'career break.'

Whatever house you invest in, chances are you will make money, at worst be no worse off. We only had a 3% deposit, so buying isn't as hard as it may seem, but do remember they'll be solicitors fees, plus insurance (contents, buildings and mortgage insurance). We learnt a lot from it, so please PM me if you want any advise 8)

:D

Just went through the post on jules' board where ya listed all yer vinyl ya want rid of and spotted a couple i'll have of ya if ya up for it:

Nalin & Kane Beachball Extended Vocal, Sea Side, Original Club, Sharam's Baywatch Extended Vocal, Sea Side, Original Club, Sharam's Baywatch FFRR 1997 Trance

Todd Terry Something Goin' On Tee's Rmx, Rhythm Masters Dub, Loop de Loop Uptown & Downtown Mix Tee's Rmx, Rhythm Masters Dub, Loop de Loop Uptown & Downtown Mix Mercury Records 1997 Dance

I will have to see how it goes.

Looking to get rid of it all at once first. Will probably put it up on ebay and see if it sells. Otherwise I will break down the vinyl into vundles and flog em like that!

Archived