Sign in to follow this  
ankarra

Minidisc

so i have 5 dj-mix from 1999-2007, how can i make it digital?

Try a lead from the headphones from minidisc player to input of the pc soundcard  so a 3.5mm jack to 3.5 mm jack.

Its what I use to record tapes to my pc with, using a walkman. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 11:01 PM, JasonB said:

Try a lead from the headphones from minidisc player to input of the pc soundcard  so a 3.5mm jack to 3.5 mm jack.

Its what I use to record tapes to my pc with, using a walkman. 

i figured it out,i have > magix music cleaning lab < recorded it through there

used and adapter from phono plugs man/female double and str8 to the soundcard

Hi Ankarra, per my PM if you have any issues let me know. I have an MDS-JB980 professional deck which I can rip quite easily from (including if recorded in MDLP which doubled or quadrupled the recording space, albeit at lower quality). It is a beast of a machine with digital inputs and outputs. It recorded many a Jules show for me back in the day! Because of the great build quality people are still buying them up today to use them as a high quality slave DAC (Digital to Analog converter) in the middle, which is quite clever.

sony_mds-jb980_minidisc_deck.jpg

Anyway however, to preserve the digital format I transfer Minidisc to CD-R via S/PDIF, into my Pioneer PD-609 CD recorder , then rip the CD to mp3 in my PC. A bit cumbersome, but it was the only way I could think of that I was content with to ensure the entire process involved only digital routes, not analog. If only they made decent PC sound cards with digital inputs and outputs and I could skip this! Again, a great machine:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "pioneer pdr609"

Minidiscs were awesome back in the day, packing in almost everything of what was audible into a physically smaller space than a CD. They were encoded in Sony's ATRAC compression algorithm. I read somewhere this was equivalent to a mp3 today encoded at about 256kbps :)

• Like 1

hi tnx for replying,i have the latter(pioneer minidisc player-since 1997) i just bought adapter from phono plug's too>< female resep and with the end str8 too the soundcard,recorded it today,worked perfect.The songs are from vinyl-ripp.128-192-cd's-128-192,so some variations where on the mix itselfs,mainly the songs are from 1998-99- but happy :)

On 10/24/2017 at 8:59 PM, Neuro said:

Hi Ankarra, per my PM if you have any issues let me know. I have an MDS-JB980 professional deck which I can rip quite easily from (including if recorded in MDLP which doubled or quadrupled the recording space, albeit at lower quality). It is a beast of a machine with digital inputs and outputs. It recorded many a Jules show for me back in the day! Because of the great build quality people are still buying them up today to use them as a high quality slave DAC (Digital to Analog converter) in the middle, which is quite clever.

sony_mds-jb980_minidisc_deck.jpg

Anyway however, to preserve the digital format I transfer Minidisc to CD-R via S/PDIF, into my Pioneer PD-609 CD recorder , then rip the CD to mp3 in my PC. A bit cumbersome, but it was the only way I could think of that I was content with to ensure the entire process involved only digital routes, not analog. If only they made decent PC sound cards with digital inputs and outputs and I could skip this! Again, a great machine:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "pioneer pdr609"

Minidiscs were awesome back in the day, packing in almost everything of what was audible into a physically smaller space than a CD. They were encoded in Sony's ATRAC compression algorithm. I read somewhere this was equivalent to a mp3 today encoded at about 256kbps :)

damn i miss those days  1997 when i bought minidisc, a friend of mine had so much music from vinyl and importet cd's what a time it was.New music 2-3 times every 2 months that where awesome(still have some) and the sound from minidisc where good quality too.Today i think there is just so much music ,and the sound from mid 90's-2000's are still awesome ,but gone from most of the dj's today! Sad to hear tiesto play today,he was 5 min from where i live last weekend,i had a listen what crappy music