Sign in to follow this  
ankarra

aiff to flac/wav

i have some aiff files,i used and online converter .is that ok? my cd extractor doesent take aiff files.i also used vlc player to convert to flac,is it really that simple in vlc,that you don't need to monitor bitrate,channels or mpeg1 and so on? this is the online site i used(it's only for aiff files...

https://audio.online-convert.com/

I use FFMPEG for all transcoding.  You have excellent control over all the variables but you have to do some reading through the manual to work out what you want to achieve.  This is a command line application so you must be happy with a terminal.

I would generally avoid online converters as it is difficult to tell what options they are using.  VLC should be pretty good as it is a very reliable product.  If you want something simple stick with that but if you want more control try FFMPEG.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:09 PM, Spin Doctor said:

I use FFMPEG for all transcoding.  You have excellent control over all the variables but you have to do some reading through the manual to work out what you want to achieve.  This is a command line application so you must be happy with a terminal.

I would generally avoid online converters as it is difficult to tell what options they are using.  VLC should be pretty good as it is a very reliable product.  If you want something simple stick with that but if you want more control try FFMPEG.

i have used "kingdia cd extractor since 2007" it is great for mp3 wav--flac to wav...but not for aiff...only upgrade beatport do is from mp3 too aiff...i only going to upgrade som songs from beatport...VLC was pretty easy to make flac ,and then i use kingdia from flac too wav....so is there anything i should know from vlc? was easy to make flac from aiff....nothing i need to do other then make it flac? stereo,bit, Mpeg1,mpegsound?JUST FLAC?--there where some options...thanks for reply btw..

On 6/23/2018 at 6:08 PM, JasonB said:

doesnt itunes convret aiff to wav or no?

i think so,but most my songs are from beatport..