Experiences in your record shop?

Neuro

I've said this before but it happened again to me the other day - whilst listening quietly and quite contently to some records I had hand-picked in my local (record shop) recently, there were a loud group of 2-3 Burburry-wearing youngsters messing around on the deck next to me --> highly irritating!! :evil:

Not only do they only use one earphone (They're not in a club. I mean, really.) but also their greasy mits are all over the place, the needle's being dragged all over the record, and the pitch is firmly slapped at +8.

I'm such a patient person I promise it really does take a considerable amount to get me genuinely annoyed, but on this occasion my temperment was severely tested! :|

lol, in my local hmv (derby - well not anymore cos im at home in sheff now) but anyway, there's four decks are they're all pretty fooked apart from one which is just ok, one of the others headshell spins around making it impossible to use and the headphones are f***ed, and the other one's headphones are f***ed and the headshell has no 'claw' (the bit that sticks out u put your finger on), and the other one's cart has the wires broke off. i take great pleasure in listening to tunes and watching sum1 walk up and work their way along the decks slowly realising that thats summat up with each one until they reach me and have to wait 4 me to finish!!! :lol: :cry:

Heres one that happened last saturday, walked into my local and guy working there Matthew had Fabric 4 Tony Humperhies on, a guy walks in hears it asks what it is has a quit skip through the album and bam buys it there and then! :D now thats how to sell summat! :D never happened before to Matthew! lol

I can see why they do it, but record shops (usually HMVs) where you have to ask for a cart and stylus to use a deck annoy me. I feel like I'm the one that's going to abuse it.

Besides, I rarely go to a shop now. Its too easy to sit at home and click away :D

hehe went to a new record shop in burton today - met the resident from progress rob dalby, well safe geezer - he runs the place!!

check it out:

www.promo-records-ltd.co.uk

BURTONS???! BURTON-UPON-TRENT u feckin bell-end!!!

hahaha, only 10mins from derby, thought i'd scout it and its awesome - purchased:

digital delay - love put us into a groove

Solid Globe - Gobal EP - North Pole/South Pole

wud have bought three drives - greece 2000 new mixes but didn't have enuff money on me!!!

yeah its not very pleasing on the eye or simple like juno!

Wiked sop tho they got fruit machines in there and the lot, bout 10 decks to listen to tunes on, wiked!

Archived