Pete Tong Millennium Eve

drtim

Hi all, 

A bit of a long shot but I was wondering if any of you had a recording of Pete Tong's Essential Selection live from the Pier Head, Liverpool on 31.12.99? He was on at 6pm after Jules finished his Winner's Party set from Derby.

Cheers!

Tim. 

I think thats as close as you are going to get there. ;)

Anyone reading this, there are loads of old Jules radio shows on Mixcloud. There are a couple to a few i have spotted that have no audio associated with them at all on this site. I guess mods should get on that if they have time.  

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, nick_tierney said:

I have this on cassette, not mp3. Any chance of help?

Hi Nick, 

That is great news! I suppose there are a couple of options; do you have the facilities to digitise the cassette? Or are you able to copy to another cassette and send the copy to me? I'm assuming you are in the UK? I am in Sydney but would obviously pay for the postage. 

Cheers, 

Tim. 

Hi Tim,

I think it’s only a 90 minute cassette not the whole show unfortunately. 

I’ll have a word with the IT guys in work see how easy it is/time consuming and I’ll do it if I can or if not I can post it out to you?

I’ll have to root through my cassettes- got lots of Essential Mixes- the live ones from the late 90s, jules at homelands, bar m in ibiza, london Mardi Gras, a slinky essential mix, essential selections in Ibiza. Oh and a fair few dance anthems shows including one where Jules covered it.

Might be worth me making a list and getting them over to you?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey, 

I’m really sorry I never got round to doing this. I’m back in the UK tomorrow and I am determined to get it done for you guys- I know that sounds a bit hollow given how long I have taken to do it. I do have it (and others) and I resolve to get it done for you guys- sorry again for the tardiness/ poor effort- nb it’s the first 90 mins only sorry!

Nick

Hi Nick, 

It's all good mate. This was a gem of a show so if you manage to get it done I would love to get a copy off of you somehow. Let me know how it goes! :D

Cheers, 

Tim. 

On 8/18/2021 at 11:14 PM, nick_tierney said:

Hey, 

I’m really sorry I never got round to doing this. I’m back in the UK tomorrow and I am determined to get it done for you guys- I know that sounds a bit hollow given how long I have taken to do it. I do have it (and others) and I resolve to get it done for you guys- sorry again for the tardiness/ poor effort- nb it’s the first 90 mins only sorry!

Nick

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

How do I send a private message guys?

i have the following (and can/ will send to a UK address):

Jules Dance Anthems (15/2/98)- full 3hr show

Tong Christmas Eve 1998

Jules Mardi Gras 99

Jules Bar M 99

Tong Essential Sélection millennium eve 

Dave Pearce dance anthems 

I just don’t have a desktop computer! Rubbish with laptop!!

cheers guys

Nick

image.jpg

• 1 month later...