Sign in to follow this  
ankarra

Yomanda - Sunshine - Original

hi, i have this vinyl but is there no full digital version of this ? i also have the cd singel with hi-gate mix, but like the original better

9 hours ago, ankarra said:

hi, i have this vinyl but is there no full digital version of this ? i also have the cd singel with hi-gate mix, but like the original better

This is timed as 6:59:  https://www.discogs.com/Various-May-2000-Part-1/release/7290530

compared to the 7:20 on the vinyl master release:

https://www.discogs.com/Yomanda-Sunshine/master/117895

So not sure it's the full original version or maybe an edit.

Sometimes the Vinyl durations are longer because it's been timed at a slightly slower playback speed.

Good shout, but love the Hi-Gate remix, myself, personally :)

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 12:52 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

This is timed as 6:59:  https://www.discogs.com/Various-May-2000-Part-1/release/7290530

compared to the 7:20 on the vinyl master release:

https://www.discogs.com/Yomanda-Sunshine/master/117895

So not sure it's the full original version or maybe an edit.

Sometimes the Vinyl durations are longer because it's been timed at a slightly slower playback speed.

Yeah i have checked that cd, if you click on the pictures it says instrumental, my guess it's the hi-gate mix..same duration too

4 hours ago, Aza said:

Good shout, but love the Hi-Gate remix, myself, personally :)

The Hi-Gate remix is also great... :)

7 hours ago, ankarra said:

Yeah i have checked that cd, if you click on the pictures it says instrumental, my guess it's the hi-gate mix..same duration too

Right of course, I didn't notice that!

You could buy the vinyl, clean and rip it, then warp it in Ableton or whatever to get a "perfect" steady tempo if that's what you're after :)

7 hours ago, FuzzY-LogiC said:

Right of course, I didn't notice that!

You could buy the vinyl, clean and rip it, then warp it in Ableton or whatever to get a "perfect" steady tempo if that's what you're after :)

i have the vinyl and a new vinyl-player....no i mean clean as of no noise after ripping it...i use Audacity.....it's not all bad, the vinyl is mint...Last 5 year i have been collecting all my music in WAV, from online too CD's....All digital and clean-....i just find it strange that this Original was not on the CD-singel or a Collection with the full version...only radio edit's

you could try emailing Jules - he also welcomes it - and sure he may be able to help oblige?

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, ankarra said:

i have the vinyl and a new vinyl-player....no i mean clean as of no noise after ripping it...i use Audacity.....it's not all bad, the vinyl is mint...Last 5 year i have been collecting all my music in WAV, from online too CD's....All digital and clean-....i just find it strange that this Original was not on the CD-singel or a Collection with the full version...only radio edit's

simply because, as you can clearly see, manifesto decided to bung synth and strings on the cd single instead. Baffles me why they edited (or  was it actually edited by fading out or was it full length?)  the joe fandango remix, and also why they put egg n cress on the synth & strings cd instead of the original , total throwaway track, pointless.

Jules is just going to giveaway the track?< he doesnt seem bothered (if he has the rights to) about making all the hi gate stuff downloadable for starters. Maybe asking Paul Masterson