An Oldskool Judge Jules Mix!!!!

philb1979

Listened to a bit of Jules from Naughty But Nice at the Crystal Rooms today and attempted to tracklist it for all you folks. Anybody have a date as to when Jules played at NBN? This set was either January 2001 or January 2002 (definitely not January 1999 as stated in the video). After browsing some old NBN flyers, I came across one night in 2002 which had Judge Jules, Dave Lea and Andy Passman dated 11 January 2002 and have attached the picture. I think I'm right. 

Here is what I have so far with the tracklisting, just a few IDs missing, enjoy! :):

Judge Jules Live @ NBN, Crystal Rooms, 11 January 2002

01. Goldtrix Presents Andrea Brown ‎– It's Love (Trippin')(Tillmann Uhrmacher Mix)
02. Future Breeze - Temple Of Dreams (Pedro Del Mar vs. DJ Shah's Mix)
03. Soho - Flyin' Madness (Flyin' Padmix)
04. Minimalistix - Close Cover (Boss@Nova Remix)
05. Weekend Players - Into The Sun (Riva Mix)
06. Matt Darey ft. Marcella Woods - Beautiful (Pulser Remix)
07. ID (from around 31 mins)
08. Mauro Picotto - Pulsar 2002 Rmx (Picotto Verdi Mix)
09. H - Landing
10. ID (from around 46 mins)
11. BK & Nick Sentience - E-Trigger
12. Tillman Uhrmacher - On The Run (Ocean To Shore Club Extended)
13. Visions of Yawa - Tibet (Jens O. Club Mix)
14. Symphony Of Strings - Don't Want Your Love (Connector Remix)
15. Members Of Mayday vs. Superchumbo ‎– 10 Revolutions In 01
16. Brainbug - Nightmare (Sinister Strings Mix)

Judge Jules NBN 2002.jpg

Wow, Nice1! 

Jan. 2002 sounds about right. He did a set in Denmark in December 2001 with Don't Want Your Love (Connector Remix) and Close Cover i think. And I know he also played the org. bootleg of '10 revolutions in 1' from late 2001 to mid-2002 if I'm not mistaken. 

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/index.html/1992-2013/2001/2001-12-19-r556/

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:24 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

Wow, Nice1! 

Jan. 2002 sounds about right. He did a set in Denmark in December 2001 with Don't Want Your Love (Connector Remix) and Close Cover i think. And I know he also played the org. bootleg of '10 revolutions in 1' from late 2001 to mid-2002 if I'm not mistaken. 

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/index.html/1992-2013/2001/2001-12-19-r556/

Fuzzy, have you though of having a YouTube section of the archive where you can post links to recordings like this, or perhaps the Gatecrasher @ NEC videos for example. Alternatively, is there an appetite to rip the audio and upload that?

Just thinking that things sometimes, though not frequently, go missing from YouTube.  Also, while there isn't a huge quantity of recordings on there which aren't uploads of existing MP3s, there is definitely audio and video which isn't featured in the archive.

Hey SpinDoctor. 

It's not something I've given much thought before now to be honest. 

My personal reason for not making a YouTube channel for Jules stuff is that all upload to YT is re-encoded and therefore worse quality than the original file. 

Since JJA's archive is for preservation in the best possible quality, i would any day rather contact the person who uploaded the content (be it to Mixcloud, YT, etc) and get a copy of the original file. 

So while YT is fine for consuming the content, it's not great for archiving with quality in mind. 

As you say, sometimes content goes missing after a while, so the trick is to be vigilant and contact those uploaders first time you see content that isn't here or otherwise accessible as a file. :)

01. Goldtrix Presents Andrea Brown ‎– It's Love (Trippin') (Tillmann Uhrmacher Mix)
02. Future Breeze - Temple Of Dreams (Pedro Del Mar vs. DJ Shah's Mix)
03. Soho - Flyin' Madness (Flyin' Padmix) (B)
04. Minimalistix - Close Cover' (Brian Koner Club Mix)
05. Weekend Players - Into The Sun (Riva Mix)
06. Matt Darey ft. Marcella Woods - Beautiful (Pulser Remix)
07. ID
08. Mauro Picotto - Pulsar 2002 Rmx (Picotto Verdi Mix)
09. H ‎– World Downfall (Landing Party) (Red Seal)
10. Woodwork - Sawdust (Universal Prime Breaks)
11. Marco Bailey ‎– Edge Level (Zync)                                                   what a TUUNNEE
11. BK & Nick Sentience - E-Trigger
12. Tillman Uhrmacher - On The Run (Ocean To Shore Club Extended)
13. Visions of Yawa - Tibet (Jens O. Club Mix)
14. Symphony Of Strings - Don't Want Your Love (Connector Remix)
15. Members Of Mayday vs. Superchumbo ‎– 10 Revolutions In 01
16. Brainbug - Nightmare (Sinister Strings Mix)

On 7/9/2020 at 6:53 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

Hey SpinDoctor. 

It's not something I've given much thought before now to be honest. 

My personal reason for not making a YouTube channel for Jules stuff is that all upload to YT is re-encoded and therefore worse quality than the original file. 

Since JJA's archive is for preservation in the best possible quality, i would any day rather contact the person who uploaded the content (be it to Mixcloud, YT, etc) and get a copy of the original file. 

So while YT is fine for consuming the content, it's not great for archiving with quality in mind. 

As you say, sometimes content goes missing after a while, so the trick is to be vigilant and contact those uploaders first time you see content that isn't here or otherwise accessible as a file. :)

Absolutely understand the drive for audio quality, however I would also suggest that a low quality recording is better than no recording.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting having a YouTube channel for the archive to upload to, but instead having section of this site (like gallery, tracklisting archive, audio archive, etc) where you could embed those videos from others YT accounts.  The suggestion of ripping YouTube videos to upload here was to mitigate the risk of loss on any platform and ensure these recordings are held for posterity.

I sknow I mentioned the GC@NEC videos from Rapture before, but I think these are a good example.  It's Jules content which isn't just audio, potentially at risk of disappearing, of interest to this audience, historically important from than era and featuring it would be in line with the the ethos of archiving Jules' work.

I must admit that it hadn't occurred to me to approach the original up-loaders though, which would be a better all round but largely out of our control if the account is dead.

Sorry if I came off to hard, I wasn't having the best day when I wrote that reply -_-

I fully agree low quality audio is better than no audio.

Making a YT playlist for videos with Jules like the Rapture ones is a good idea.

Contacting the uploaders can be a serious hassle, so that's basically for when you "have time" (do we ever?)... 

I'll give it a second thought and see what kind of videoes are out there :)