My Recovered Judge Jules Mixtapes From BBC Radio 1 In 2000

Jonathan1990

About a couple of years ago I made a post on here saying that I still had a few Judge Jules mixtapes from 2000.  Since then I've moved and my Mum and Uncle cleaned flat out and threw loads of tapes away including around 6 Judge Jules ones.  I'll put down the only 3 that still survive to see if this forum has them in their audio archive.

1. I did tape three studio shows from March 2000.  One however was backed up onto a MD (minidisc) which has survived.  The recording had to get reduced from the 90 minute tape to fit into 80 minutes so quite a bit is missing.  Unfortunately I don't have anything to play MDs on now.

2. The first 45 minutes of a live set from Easter 2000 with Judge Jules and Dave Pearce Dance Party at Southsea.  Due to a lot of ware the sound quality is not very good.  First 15 minutes of the tape is the end of Essential Selection with Pete Tong.

3. Judge Jules live at Gatecrasher in 2000 with no known date.  The first bit is not there.  Most of the recording exists though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 12:20 AM, Jonathan1990 said:

2. The first 45 minutes of a live set from Easter 2000 with Judge Jules and Dave Pearce Dance Party at Southsea.  Due to a lot of ware the sound quality is not very good.  First 15 minutes of the tape is the end of Essential Selection with Pete Tong.

Good thing some tapes survived at least. Missing tapes are the worst! :(

Jules and Pearce was on the road with Dance Party from easter to late summer, but the Southsea show was on 25th August

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/topic/6868-2000-08-25-radio-1-dance-party-16-southsea/

Easter sunday was April 23rd. That week Jules played his Friday Show live from Karranga at Creation, Bristol and the saturday show was a studio show:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/index.html/1992-2013/2000/2000-04-22-r266/

It would be really interesting to hear the Pete Tong part as that could give a clue to the date and maybe also some unknown tracks :)