Pioneer DDJ-400 RekordBox Controller

Gregsta

ddj-400-main.thumb.png.93a603e9deecae16c5f6f9692f78cc48.png

I bought one of these today as it's my birthday, I have owned tractor s2 Mark II in the past and liked them. I thought this time I would buy one of these as I don't like using tractor pro for mixing as its very easy to use as a standalone software and is very boring  on its own to use and you can't get very creative with the software on its own. 

I wanted something  small so it sits in front of my computer screen on my computer table  and will plug into my desktop.

This not the first time I have digitally mixed and have a collection of about 600 mp3 most from juno downloads.

6 hours ago, Spin Doctor said:

What are your thoughts on the Record Box subscription model?

I thought it was ok but I went for the free plan then I moved over to record box 5 as I have a serial number, 6 is still very buggy it does not synchronise tracks correctly and even if you are beatmatching by ear and do it with the speed pitch control it still does not work correctly. 

I'm going to hang back using it for a while until they fix all the bugs in it.

Just buy a proper stand a lone all in one. Worth every penny. I bought the rx 2 in october 2019, paid it off over a year. No issues with beatmatching whatsoever. Sync is sometimes out, I stick to manual beatmatching mainly.  I have never 'got' laptop djing at all. Who nneeds it when I have this all ine one and can plug in a usb stick and away I go.

59 minutes ago, JasonB said:

Just buy a proper stand a lone all in one. Worth every penny. I bought the rx 2 in october 2019, paid it off over a year. No issues with beatmatching whatsoever. Sync is sometimes out, I stick to manual beatmatching mainly.  I have never 'got' laptop djing at all. Who nneeds it when I have this all ine one and can plug in a usb stick and away I go.

People still want to use record box even with expensive gear, it is know to be full of bugs I could use traktor pro but it finding the Wright mapping that works with my controller, as you have to upload a flie to make the mapping work but the one I uploaded does not make all the functions work correctly on my  controller. I will have to have a look on the Pioneer website. I can manual mix but record box 6 is buggy so  i downloded 5 what works a lot better

On 2/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, Gregsta said:

I thought it was ok but I went for the free plan then I moved over to record box 5 as I have a serial number, 6 is still very buggy it does not synchronise tracks correctly and even if you are beatmatching by ear and do it with the speed pitch control it still does not work correctly. 

I'm going to hang back using it for a while until they fix all the bugs in it.

Interesting.  I have Tractor in DVS setup.  It's woefully under supported now by NI and I was thinking of switching to recordbox but they introduced subscriptions.  I can't quite bring myself to go down this route until I am completely forced to as it seems far to exploitative. I think Serato will be my next move.

1 hour ago, Spin Doctor said:

Interesting.  I have Tractor in DVS setup.  It's woefully under supported now by NI and I was thinking of switching to recordbox but they introduced subscriptions.  I can't quite bring myself to go down this route until I am completely forced to as it seems far to exploitative. I think Serato will be my next move.

You could try a free subscription but I'm not sure this would support DVS and your probably have to buy everything pioneer, The one Thing I do like about record box is the quality of the recordings it make's. I have most of my life mixed with a vinyl But using record box and the Pioneer controller I don't see me ever going back. I have used Traktor Pro on its own to mix and with a controller the s2. But I have to say I prefer recore box over Tractor pro and I prefer the dj400 over the s2.