Mardigras 2000 01/07

daiashthomas

sadley not me... i asked long time ago for the 2000 and 1999 audio seems nobody got it ive got the 7 magazine pictures with the tracklistings from 2000 and 1999 need to upload the 99 one but o audio sorry

• 1 year later...

I have the London Mardigras with Judge Jules Live from Finsbury Park Saturday 3rd July 1999 if that's of interest? I know it's a while back that you requested it but as fortune has it, I've dug out my Judge Jules recordings I made during the late 1990's and am now ripping them to digital format. They're lovely quality recordings, I have about 26 in total all 1.5 hours long. I guess it will take some time, but I've already done a small handful. 

will be huge mate the mixcloud account was down thats why we lost the 1999 show of mardigras  2000 will be great to we miss mutch shows in 98 summer just look true it the missing ones was marked with a point in the beginning egsisting shows will be happy with an audio file sometimes audio is missing or tracklstings

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/index.html/1992-2013/1998/

• Thanks 1

@Burien

Oh wow, thanks, I didn't know about that track listing, that might make it easier for me to identify some of my recordings. Probably half of them are labelled already but some I forgot to write on the tape so they're somewhat of a mystery.

If someone can tell me which file format and bit rate is preferred, I can start uploading some recordings pretty soon including the one I mentioned above.  I'm still struggling to find my way around these forums so any pointers as to where I can upload tracks would be useful too?

best way recording is with with audacity into mp3

if you want 320 kbps if its to big for you 192kbps  its ok to

i upload them to mediafire its stays the long ways in the web years and sometimes the admin upload them to the jja format audio

Yes, I guessed it might be MP3 though it does seem a shame to compress them when they're such good quality. That said I could try 320kbps variable bit rate which should reduce the compression to a minimum (I think)? I'll take a look at Mediafire, is it free? I did investigate the JJA format audio but can't find any reference to that, was it a typo?

9 hours ago, rewop said:

Thanks for this classic upload Dr. Slinky. Looking forward to your next ones.

Ah thanks, it's my pleasure :) It's comforting to know that it's not just me and Burien on here lately, I was beginning to think everyone had given up on new/lost mixes.

I can't tell you how much pleasure I've had listening to the Judge over the years as many of you will probably agree. It's certainly nice to be able to give something back to other fans. Even now my preferred listening is the Essential Selection or a Radio One Dance Party and especially since I discovered this site a few years back, there's hardly a day goes by when I'm not listening to one of these great downloads.

I think I've always been a fan of the club scene, but I didn't really fully find my confidence until I was around 35, that's not to say I didn't enjoy myself. Party prescription in hand I loved nothing more than driving down to London on a Friday or Saturday night with the Judge on full volume. I loved whipping my shirt off and getting all sweaty and dancing for 5 or 6 hours solid, it was quite a workout! Mostly I visited Heaven or the Brixton Fridge with my dear mate Ady, oh how I miss those nights together and the drive home for a chillout with yet more Judge Jules. Back then I didn't have a care in the world. Sadly, as with all good things they have to come to an end sometime. Strangely though, even now these tunes can fill my eyes with tears, tears of joy and quite a bit of sadness at what I've lost, if only I could wind back the clock and do it all over again. I don't regret any of it except maybe losing my best friend. 

I suppose now I'm older and a bit more sensible I can now rip my tape collection at long last! Can you believe they've stood the test of time for almost 25 years unscathed?! Good old TDK :) I'm such a brand hag!

Well keep your eyes open, I've got quite a few more to upload yet including Homelands 2000 featuring a full set by Leftfield!!! Whoo hoo :wub: