unknown tried +tested beginning 99?

Stringer

Hi mate, welcome.

Unfortunately the Tried & Tested list on the site only goes back as far as June 99 because we simply don't have any more information on previous T&T's without the tracklistings. I've also searched the site for Chicane - 'Saltwater' and no tracklisting survives from that show. However, if my memory serves me correct, I'm certain I had that show on tape, but I recorded over it. The sequence I keep remembering is this:

The Invisible Man - 'Give A Little Love' [serious]

and then Chicane?? There's a clip here: http://www.htfr.com/playlist/?catno=MR21119

Hope that helps... I can't be certain though that's totally from memory. Someone else on the board might know, Simcut? :?

hello, i'm looking for a tune played in 99 it was a last years tried + tested played before chicane saltwater? its not on the list on the website, i've got on tape but cant make mp3s any help really appreciated thanks!Stringer

Tim, Can he send you his tape and then you could put it on the site so it can be ID'd :?:

hello, i'm looking for a tune played in 99 it was a last years tried + tested played before chicane saltwater? its not on the list on the website, i've got on tape but cant make mp3s any help really appreciated thanks!

Stringer

Have you got a seperate tape deck? If so connect it to your sound card with one of these leads:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?Module...83&doy=2m4&QV=P

Then install cd-ex, free from the web. That allows you to 'record frrom an analog source' in the options menu.

great thanks for the help everybody and the welcome! it's definitely invisible man after listening to the clip, thanks so much, great memory.where do i plug in this lead into my soundcard - it's a bit old? :? I have the whole of the 2nd hour of this show (march 99?) on tape from this moment on so if i cant copy it i could send it in if thats helpful? might have 1 or 2 more old tapes will have a hunt.

Stringer

where do i plug in this lead into my soundcard - it's a bit old?

Easy. Use one of those leads in the link Steve showed earlier and connect the line out of your tape player to the line in on your PC. It's usually a blue socket.

• 3 weeks later...
I watched "The Gadget Show " last night and they showed you how to transfer from cassette tape to computer which was really interesting. I recorded the programme so that l can also have a go at it. :lol:

Gadget Show is brilliant - learnt loads from it.

Glad you sorted it, Stringer 8-)

Archived