Aza presents 'Dispersion' - Dedicated to JJArchive...

Aza

Hey guys....

If you recall some time ago, I mentioed about doing a special guest mix and highlighting some of the big tunes back in the day played by Jules.

I have made a mix especially for you guys and also integrated some of my own favourite tracks. I have attempted this cd for nearly 4 days straight and finally think I have pulled it off... ACCEPT NOTHING BUT QUALITY (works for all aspects of life pretty much - lol).

Anyway, tracklist is as follows (will try put up for download and also if any are interested will burn a selection of cd's). I have tried to use minimum effects and just let the quality tunage play, however there a few sneaky peeks etc that I cant resist :lol:

Aza presents 'Dispersion' - Dedicated to JJArchive...

1. Libra Pres Taylor - Calling Your Name (Pronti & Kalmani Remix) (Captivating Sounds)

2. Freefall feat. Jan Johnston - Skydive (Warrior Remix) (Incentive)

3. Tillmann Uhrmacher - On The Run (Ocean To Shore Club Extended Mix) (Direction Records)

4. Frank Brook - Daywalker (Premier Sounds)

5. Intrique - Latino Nights (Motivation Mix) (Nebula)

6. Ayu - Audience (Darren Tate Instrumental) (Avex Trax)

7. Darren Tate vs. Jono Grant - Let The Light Shine In (Smith & Pledger Remix) (Mondo Records)

8. Frank TRAX - Nebuchan (ORGAN Remix) (Neo Records)

9. Jelle Faber - Skechers (Captivating Sounds)

10. Mekka - Diamondback (Angeles Remix) (Perfecto)

11. Systematic Parts - Don't Walk Away (Illusion Records)

12. Nitromethane - Time To Die (Seraque Remix) (Anjunabeats)

13. Yahel - Open Your Mind (Magikal Remake) (Black Hole Avanti)

14. Rob Dougan - Clubbed To Death (Point4 Mix) (Cheeky Records)

As always, feedback is always welcomed and most appreciated. I hope you all enjoy this and that it provides you with some great entertainment (as well as recalling a few memories...)

Thank You...

p.s. the mix is just under 78mins - was thinking of squeezing in another track but had no time really and didnt want to edit the tracks...

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=059OAOL...IK1STQZWV16XWN8

I still got to do one (or maybe three at this rate!) still need to nail a few tracks perfectly and then I'll get it done! as usual theres some in there I don't know so will enjoy hearing!

Nice to see Mekka - Diamondback (Angeles Remix) (Perfecto) , a big fave of mine this mix.

Yeah Oakie hammered the original, more anthemic, Angeles doing a quirky proggier job. The promo I have was 'supposedly' 1 0f 50 copies lol lukcy me eh.

Nice to see the Organ mix of Nebuchan too, fave mix o that n all!

Point 4 Mix of Rob to end, hmm interesting one!

May I just point out here what a fabulous tracklisting that is.

Very much looking forward to listening to this Aza in this the first dedicated JJArchive board mix. So many good tunes in there; may it be the first of many!

Are you going to upload an mp3 of this or just get people to PM you for CDs?

Tim - I will upload this on "yousendit" so it will temporarily be available (cant wait to get and sort out me own site so i can put em up there permy...)

Also for those of you interested in a copy on cd (tracks all split up and that and for you to bust out around the house and your car ;) PM me and Ill see what I can do...

Here is a link for you to check out. As pointed out above, feedback is welcomed and I hope this classic JJArchive Cd proves to sort you out :)

http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=059OAOL...IK1STQZWV16XWN8

I pray it works cos I tend not to get much luck with these links... :roll:

Cheers Quadrant - most appreciated.

I'm glad you enjoyed it all the way through and it proved entertaining listening for you...

With regards to future mixes - I spoke with Tim a while back regarding this mix and it was in the pipeline for a while. I wanted to compile a special mix mainly for you guys and to sort of reflect some classic tunes over the years for me.

I wanted to include some big, classic tunes with Jules as well as integrate some of my personal faves...

I am progressively gonna look at making another classic mix for the board including some earlier stuff, however I am trying to work on some new stuff as well.

I am grateful for you all downloading and listening :)

Just some critical feedack Mr Aza - overall not sure I liked DT8 mix of Audience, and maybe took too long to mix into Clubbed To Death last - but a nice set of tunes, I can't think of anything else I wasn't sure of!

Where did you get stuff like Latino Nights and Daywalker on mp3 from??

Quadrant: Cheers for your comments...

DT8's remix of Audience is one of my all time fave's and prob, for me, the best remix he has done. Absolutely love the tune so that was my own selection in the mix. With the likes of Intrique, Uhrmacher etc... they were the classic Julesy tunes which I wanted to put in for the board.

That Tiesto remix of Yahel for me was quite tricky to do, it's got a breakdown right at the very end of the tune and takes a while to die down (if ya get me). It was difficult to take on the mix with that because of this, and with trance tunes I think its crucial you mix them in the right place otherwise they sound a bit odd... You can get away with it much more with techier tunes with a more predominant beat.

I had Intrique and Frank Brook on vinyl, which I have rips off. Intrique was on Nebula with a "Timecode Remix", and Daywalker was on 'Premier Sounds, with another track called "nightwalker" and a "subtech" remix of "daywalker". Did you like "Daywalker" - thats one of my faves on the mix ;)

Just wondering, how was the mixing and all that? Tune selection and structure of the mix, as well as the levels?

I have had trouble in the past with my levels, esp when I sent a mix off to Dormouse. Think it's resolved now...

Cheers for your comments anyways - keep em coming 8-) 8-) 8-)

I too have listened and have it on my MP3 player for the walk to work!! It's very good to see older tunes, especially tracks like Intrique - funky yet uplifting. But, when the O.r.g.a.n. mix of Nebuchan kicks in, it's a special moment! Good mixing throughout.

Just as Tomcraft's label says, it's great stuff.

Enjoyed this Aza mate - definitely going on the iPod for my Hispanic travels :)

There are circulations that there might be another mix coming from this same Welsh mixmeister, with tunage from a smidgen earlier, but those rumours are currently unfounded :wink:

Archived