The JJ Archive in 2022

Spin Doctor

Well team, a new year is upon us.

It has been sadly quiet here over the last couple of years but I do hope that the few regulars who are still frequenting the archive are well. If you are about then do reply to this thread as it would be great to hear from some board members in the new year.

On 1/5/2022 at 11:29 AM, drtim said:

Hi mate, I pop in from time to time but there's not much happening! Did you see Jules on The Chase on Christmas Eve? :lol:

Completely missed this! I'll have to see if it's still on the iPlayer.

Always hopeful of new audio @Burien.  I upload everythign I find to here and I am always hopeful there is more out there.

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, JasonB said:

I no longer Take no interest in anything regarding judge tools as I call him these days. He needs to retire, past his sell by date massively.

Point taken about his public offerings recently, but does that justify ignoring his still worthy contributions from 90s/2000s?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 9:26 PM, Spin Doctor said:

Well team, a new year is upon us.

It has been sadly quiet here over the last couple of years but I do hope that the few regulars who are still frequenting the archive are well. If you are about then do reply to this thread as it would be great to hear from some board members in the new year.

Better than never I guess... Hiya! :)

I know burien is still tirelessly working the TL's *big thumbs up*

I would love to pop in more, but spare time priorities have shifted for the time being. Always keeping an eye on reports of missing/broken files though and I am always just a PM/mail away.

I hope everyone is taking care of themselves and those around you! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear all members, valued community friends,

big thanks all of you for keeping such a great site running. From my point of view, there are only a few other renowned "godfather" DJs from the golden era of rave clubbing days of the 90s who have not only the webpage but the awesome community gathered around. And, moreover, I believe the JudgeJulesArchive is the only platform that so massively focuses on one DJ star only, no matter whether we, community members, still follow Judge these days. Correct me, if I am wrong, I cannot think of any other single DJ with such a site, though?   

I am still totally impressed how many audio files, TLs, comments and other interesting facts have been piled up here. The work, the effort from you is hardly believable. And you must be a real fan of the dance music to understand what has been created here.

I still have some parts of Judge´s BBC radio shows from 1998 and on, ready to be uploaded. I do apologize I have not done it yet. Life is just twisting.

With this my comment I would also humbly like to ask you, whether you are interested  in other UK radio (DJs) broadcast from the 90s to be exposed here. Some, for example, KISS 100 FM and BBC R1 sections of shows from DJs like Graham Gold, Pete Wardman, Pete Tong and others I have had on my Soundcloud profile which is no longer active. Some other sounds on cassette/video tapes still waiting to be digitized.

I wish the JudgeJulesArchive would live on.

Humble member TomasB 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I will never lose my love for Jules, and respect for what he brought us in the 90s and 00s
I played a GWU just the other day and it was good listening for what I was doing at the time. You know Jules is older, I am older, such is life. I can no longer dance all night long so it would be depressing if Jules were still god like on the decks in a club and I couldn’t participate.

The old radio 1 shows are still so spot on for me tho, nostalgia wise there’s nothing better. 
Life has changed alot for me in the last two years, as it has for a lot of people. For me there’s been some life changing events, so I pop back here and it’s nice to see it’s all still going and some of the same faces as were here before. This is still an amazing amazing archive, credit where credit’s due people of the jj archive.

Happy Place!

albeit much quieter now