id131 - last track played @ Lush, 30-06-2000

FuzzY-LogiC

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Suddenly it dawned on me. But I'd forgotten my jja password well... what a rigmarole.  Anyway I believe this is Pulser.  I don't mean in a random guessy way.  I mean I suddenly heard something and lightbulb went off in my brain.  So far, that's all that's happened, then I came here xx

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, l'll start by saying sadly I cannot ID this track BUT what an amazing track it is.  I too am a Julsey fan (very much so back in the day) and have listened to all the live broadcasts over and over through the years.  Today I plucked out the Lush @ Kelly's set and when I got to the end remembered all the mystery behind this ID.

I dont personally think it is a Jules track as it seems to differ from the tracks he was producing at that time (that said he probably did an awful lot of stuff we don't know about).  Don't get me wrong I was the biggest Jules fan back then (arnt we all) but this track seems a little too well made to be by the big man himself IMO. No dig but if it was him he had help and would be my fave Jules track for sure.

I don't believe Col Hamilton played this track, I would have imagined Col Hamilton would have warmed up for Jules on such an occasion so why would he go back on after Jules? Don't know if anyone knows the DJ line up for that night (I guess its irrelevant in some ways)

I remember thinking of Namdam - Fruits as this had another Jules connection (Serious) which explains why he seems to have one of these limited copies (if not the only). I also started looking into Novocane (AKA Jon The Dentist) who produced Playa Sol the following year as there seemed to be some similarities between the tracks (then again I was probably just looking for it)

Would love to ID this track with you guys but have a feeling this will be one thats "Gone but not Forgotten"

If I find anything else out ill be sure to post

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 05/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, Number2Fan said:

It’s Pulser I reckon

It's really hard to confirm or even assume it when he has quit the scene and is not contactable by Facebook etc. There's even suggestions that one of Scott Bond's IDs was done by him.

Do you have any evidence supporting this such as samples used in other Pulser tracks that makes you come to this conclusion?

Just read the reviews below. It's a real shame as he had so much talent but was clearly disappointed with the way his career was going in the industry.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/11695-Pulser/reviews

• 9 months later...

well its a recreated guitar riff using a synth supposedly. Jules was part of Muzik magazines do us a tape feature one month, and he put a ry cooder track on said tape. Not sure if said track is where the short recerated riff comes from, but this is a link to Jules possibly being behind this track. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 6:48 PM, Number2Fan said:

WHO DID THIS?

"The Stupid Experts are a duo originating from the small town of Hawick in The Scottish Borders. Ally Brown and Dave Walker have been friends for long over ten years and their parents were also friends in the generation before. Now the family has been extended, with the addition of a certain Alice, Ally’s daughter – to whom this track is dedicated. For Alice is certainly a beautiful record with lush piano, synth brass and ethereal whammy guitar layers - but it’s also a brilliant club record, with a groove as tight as an otter’s pocket, nifty filter Moog bass-work, creeping arpeggiator lines and a polished production sound which can be genuinely described as ‘Widescreen’."

The Stupid Experts - For Alice is basically a modern progressive house version of the Unknown track played by either Jules or Colin. This would mean that as John 00 Flemming has released this on his lable he may know who did the version back in 2000. Either that or they (The Stupid Experts" ripped it off.

Have a listen Jason B)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry? dont you mean Rich Mowatt aka Solarstone? John fleming runs JOOF not Pure Trance or Pure Progressive! :P.

I personally dont think he has any clue or idea. He played a remix of motorcycle and said on his show that the remixer got hold of the acapella illegally or something, Rich was totally unaware that G&D themselves made the acapella available to download on their soundcloud (you still can now) to celebrate 10 years of the originally release and endorsed people dong new remixes using it. Shows how Rich Solarstone is  caught up inside his own Pure brand bubble and has little to no cue as to whatever is going on outside of it.

As to the fabled unknown track, the stupid experts were obviously fans of it so have recreated it in their own style. I know they are friends of Cliffy Burrows, better off asking him or the stupid experts who hes freidns with about it.