id131 - last track played @ Lush, 30-06-2000

FuzzY-LogiC

On 1/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, FuzzY-LogiC said:

Not the real thing, but as close as it gets... the guy behind can reveal himself if and when he feels like it :)

Proper remake IMHO!

Happy New Year!

To follow up on my previous post, I've known about this for a while thanks to the producer of it.  So why would anyone else now need to attemtp to remake it when THIS remake is perfect.

24 minutes ago, JasonB said:

To follow up on my previous post, I've known about this for a while thanks to the producer of it.  So why would anyone else now need to attemtp to remake it when THIS remake is perfect.

Agreed. This is as close to the original as it gets :)

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to talk to the trance editor of dj magazine, and former boss of Atcr records regarding this tune.

He said.

"I wish you hadn't played me that, i don't know what it is, but i want it. Thats a great track whatever it is. I don't think its by Pulser, but he was famous for not finishing tracks. What a tune, that's going to be in my head all night.

Would seem odd for him to finish a set with a tune like that in 2000, and not know who was behind it. Which makes me think he does.
But that vibe of track, there are only 5-10 candidates. (I mentioned the producers who have been emailed).

He stuck alot to the Uk trance sound. So lots of respective artists, he didn't play, he is very money orientated, not straying from his buds tunes. ie Agnelli & Nelson, Matt Darey etc.

It could be something Jules had ready to go to Serious or Manifesto, but they flat out refused to clear the Ry Cooder sample. Cooder isnt niche in the mainstream, but in dance music, he is as niche as it gets. So if Jules was talking about him in a mag, then thats good detective work by somebody. Then he larger rather than smaller behind it. With Jules being a legal man, it could have been injuncted, and he didnt think it was worth the bother. He had just gone Top 10 with Pitchin' so had moved on from making trance by then, and Hi-Gate was his main focus. However, you Don't debut a track like that in a position like that, and not be looking to make a wave.

Its a top tune 5 out of 5. The sample, is genious. But the supporting production is really strong, i can hear some of 'Plastic Dreams' in the break, and the acid is really subtle. Which could be some important clues.

No way it's Pulser though 100%. Because Steve, Andy, Lange and i knew what was on eachothers hard drives, as we were on the phone everyday, playing and listening to demos. So no way he would have secretly pipelined a demo to jules. He only met Jules after 2003, after doing My Religion.

Nothing makes complete sense about it. But there could be some ego mixed in there to. Im sure sitting on top of a secret tune like that, can't be, lets say an uncomfortable feeling!

• Thanks 1

@blakeface Nice1, always interesting to hear from someone who was in the game back then and knows stuff.

I am still waiting for someone to point to that specific Ry Cooder track on the Paris Texas soundtrack where they think this is from... :)

I am not saying it can't be a sample... actually I am not 100% convinced it isn't a real sample.

I know people have been shooting the idea down for a while because several individuals have listened and said it's a synthesized sound, but to be honest, no-one knows for sure.

@Burien that Milk Inc. track is indeed interesting IMO, though I do personally think it's a coincidence.

The plot thickens and the hunt continues... :)

@FuzzY-LogiC Tim was reviewing trance in dj magazine at that time (still does) So i thought he may have heard it before. Or at least provide clues. This track fits perfectly in the style of his label, and he really liked it.

He knew what Andy Perring, Steve Helstrip & Lange were creating at that time. So i think we can safely discount those three artists.

Because the tune is quality, surely he would have played it again in a set further down the line. But this is the last we hear of it, and he is the only one known to have played it.

Rumours PvD played it. But it would have flagged up on one of his many tracklists/sets. He would have been top of every mailing list though.

Jules has got to be involved in it. Probably didn't play it again due to injunction.

(Bah, everytime i re-listen to it again - it gets stuck in my head for ages!)

19 hours ago, Burien said:

wow what a great recreation how you working mate ableton  fl ..logic?

and what vsts you yoused for it

Thanks, Ableton. Sylenth, spire and various classic trance sample packs. 

not finished just yet though, still loads of changes to make. I want it as close to the original as possible 

• 1 month later...

Hi N2F!

Sorry to admit that my original post hasn't been updated in a while.... I see to have it updated with links to the remakes and whatever new info has come to light (not much, unless the Youtube thread about the guy with the friend who got the record off Jules after his Lush set is true....).

As far as I know, there are two real remakes (and that electro thing that just uses the riff).

Andy Condie - A Place Called Lush

SA31 & Luvstruck - Lush (SA31 Remake)

This remake here pretty spot on, in my opinion:

Regarding Andy's remake: 

From Andy's above comment from Feb 3rd, it would seem he is still working on it, so he'll probably put his online when it's more complete I guess.

#thehuntcontinues

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 6:52 PM, Tim451 said:

Not heard Andy Condie's remake (the video appears to be missing) but the SA31 remake just doesn't do it for me sadly. It's close but it misses a few details and nuances that really make the original track for me.

Closest we are ever going to get to the actual track itself in my view.  Fair enough though.  Pointless someone else Like Andy doing another version that will probably sound near enough exactly the same but fair play with that though.

I bought the sa31 version and as far as I am concerend, end of!. You can all carry on though... :P

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t touched my remake since December due to working away from home, I just got back yesterday so hopefully I will get it polished off this month, May 2021. I’ve sent the December version to some of your inboxes to give you a taste......once it’s completed

(Free copy to all in here first!)

73606034-0E00-4100-A8AF-675E6F3C2240.jpeg

a good friend of discogs after 21 years rote this to me

Then I can resolve one of your ID tracks for you. Judge Jules, lUSh 2000. This is an unreleased track by Julian Napolitano under his A.M.P. alias that only Judge Jules got to test. Unfortunately it was never published. Had written with Julian Napolitano a few times. By the way, there is a new remake of it, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzDwNwUzTsU&t=1s. Sounds pretty good too.

Thank you for your time and best regards

and this

Talked to him on Facebook on Messenger. Another member of the ID track group had already written briefly with him and asked. Then he had confirmed that the track was from him, but nothing further. I then wrote to him again because I had already written with him about another track many years ago. At the beginning he confirmed to me that the track was from him, but he can't remember which alias. After various "re-drilling", he decided that there would be a track under his A.M.P. alias be. He can't remember how the track was sent to Jules, but he suspects it was about John Barlow (“At the time we were managed by John Barlow from 3 beat so he might of sent it to Jules or a promo cd company). That was his answer. Unfortunately, in the last few weeks I haven't had time to research any further and ask about John Barlow. But it could be the key. That is everything I know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i asked Julian Napolitano to and he confirmed but he lost all his vinyls and DAT files .mabie John Barlow

at 3 beat records can help ore mabie it was just really pressed one time so we can never find it at least we found it out and its not longer an ID amen

• Thanks 3

Well done Burien, you found him!

I was talking to Julian last night and he confirmed everything. He does not have the original or dat files, he literally has no way of getting  his hands on it either.

He told me as much as he can remember and what he used to make the track, (NO Ry Cooder sample) as I’ve mentioned previous.

I am currently downloading VSTs in hope to get my remake more accurate. 

Below is pictures of the studio where is was created 

18EFA959-6416-440F-80CE-B606B966B0DA.jpeg

DEC0D7CE-A6DD-471C-8078-419954AA4E37.jpeg

A9446B48-B2E0-43B3-B71E-1A5564C9E04D.jpeg

A29FF398-7F09-4160-B01D-F02A0F158997.jpeg

75E17A1C-F8CA-4638-8C74-57260E7BCF72.jpeg

• Like 1

is this the studio of amp?? will get my mate to id all hardware

on the vright side of the monitor is the roland 2080 and he youse a yamaha sy 85 ass a midi keybord i move to emu sampler soon mutch better ass you can see the emu under the orange waldorf limited edition

This is great news, and great work burien and andy.

I have found a track of his on youtube called.

A.M.P 'The Future Is Ours'

Just after the 4 and half minute mark when those synths take hold, you can definitely hear similarities with the mystery tune.

Wonder why 'Future Is Ours' got released and the Lush tune didn't?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...