FuzzY-LogiC

id131 - last track played @ Lush, 30-06-2000

Haha, what a small world, Craig I've just seen you're from Hertford?! I live there as well! :D

Look forward to hearing your remake of this elusive track!

7 hours ago, Craig Bradley said:

Sorry i haven't replied for a while, it's all but finished just got to get it mastered. I'll keep you posted :D

Brilliant, we can't wait to hear it!

Original snippet played by Jules is here by the way:

On 12/30/2016 at 9:05 AM, Craig Bradley said:

Sorry i haven't replied for a while, it's all but finished just got to get it mastered. I'll keep you posted :D

Niiiiice!  Really looking forward to hear this... Interesting to see if it goes viral :P

On 4/14/2017 at 0:13 PM, Louk said:

bet it's blatantly jules haaha

Jules or some local Irish guv who isn't the least aware that people are still, 17 years later, looking under every little stone to ID his track :D

hahah yep.  But nah i def reckon it's Jules cause he knew the guitar part.

Suddenly it dawned on me. But I'd forgotten my jja password well... what a rigmarole.  Anyway I believe this is Pulser.  I don't mean in a random guessy way.  I mean I suddenly heard something and lightbulb went off in my brain.  So far, that's all that's happened, then I came here xx

Hi everyone, l'll start by saying sadly I cannot ID this track BUT what an amazing track it is.  I too am a Julsey fan (very much so back in the day) and have listened to all the live broadcasts over and over through the years.  Today I plucked out the Lush @ Kelly's set and when I got to the end remembered all the mystery behind this ID.

I dont personally think it is a Jules track as it seems to differ from the tracks he was producing at that time (that said he probably did an awful lot of stuff we don't know about).  Don't get me wrong I was the biggest Jules fan back then (arnt we all) but this track seems a little too well made to be by the big man himself IMO. No dig but if it was him he had help and would be my fave Jules track for sure.

I don't believe Col Hamilton played this track, I would have imagined Col Hamilton would have warmed up for Jules on such an occasion so why would he go back on after Jules? Don't know if anyone knows the DJ line up for that night (I guess its irrelevant in some ways)

I remember thinking of Namdam - Fruits as this had another Jules connection (Serious) which explains why he seems to have one of these limited copies (if not the only). I also started looking into Novocane (AKA Jon The Dentist) who produced Playa Sol the following year as there seemed to be some similarities between the tracks (then again I was probably just looking for it)

Would love to ID this track with you guys but have a feeling this will be one thats "Gone but not Forgotten"

If I find anything else out ill be sure to post

On 05/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, Number2Fan said:

It’s Pulser I reckon

It's really hard to confirm or even assume it when he has quit the scene and is not contactable by Facebook etc. There's even suggestions that one of Scott Bond's IDs was done by him.

Do you have any evidence supporting this such as samples used in other Pulser tracks that makes you come to this conclusion?

Just read the reviews below. It's a real shame as he had so much talent but was clearly disappointed with the way his career was going in the industry.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/11695-Pulser/reviews

ahm i think its an acetate .. mabie nobody posted on discogs jet mabie check in 5 jears ..:-(

I’ve emailed Ry Cooder to see if that sample is from one of his songs as I’ve listened to a few and can’t make the connection to which track it is from. 

well its a recreated guitar riff using a synth supposedly. Jules was part of Muzik magazines do us a tape feature one month, and he put a ry cooder track on said tape. Not sure if said track is where the short recerated riff comes from, but this is a link to Jules possibly being behind this track.