id131 - last track played @ Lush, 30-06-2000

FuzzY-LogiC

nah, sounds nothin like darey in those days...atb???

i left ATB a comment as he currently is not accepting emails and im still waiting for his response. neuro, maybe you could release it and then hope that someone sues you for plagiarism, at least then we'll know the artist

All excellent suggestions. We'll throw Matt Darey an email too as well - does no harm.

Gaz I know you were joking but that's actually not a bad suggestion! If it brings the artist out of the woodwork, I'll get on the case later this year with Noff and analyse the track to try and replicate it as closely as possible. :D

How about Marco V, Svenson & Gielen or E-craig? If not them maybe they might recognise it? its worth a try i recon. Can someone drop them a note?

Funnily enough i sent the clip to Svenson & Gielen about half an hour before your message. not had anything back yet i dont think.

Im not sure whether the artists have actually been listening to the clips. i have had a couple say that the link is not working only for me to find that when i send it over myspace, spaces are automatically put between the full stops and words in the address. some will realise and take out the spaces, others may not

EDIT...Just checked my myspace messages and Sven Maes of Svenson & Gielen has emailed to say its not theirs

Edited by gaz2195

Im not sure whether the artists have actually been listening to the clips. i have had a couple say that the link is not working only for me to find that when i send it over myspace, spaces are automatically put between the full stops and words in the address. some will realise and take out the spaces, others may not

Did you send them direct links to the two clips hosted on this site? If so, I'm very surprised if they found the clips were not working, because we have had no downtime on the main server for ages.

Did you send them direct links to the two clips hosted on this site? If so, I'm very surprised if they found the clips were not working, because we have had no downtime on the main server for ages.

yes the links are direct to this site. i think its more to do with the way myspace puts spaces into the addresses which means that they dont work. taking the spaces out works

• 5 months later...

It's obviously someone's track which he got pressed to acetate and gave to Jules. Maybe it's someone who's retired and is genueinely unaware that every Trance fan of the era is searching for it?

Who's hung up their phones recently?

Who's hung up their phones recently?

How about Colin Tevendale? He was a bit of a Trance head but he went and gave all his vinyl to 23rd Precinct in Glasgow. I met up with Craig off this board and a few years ago we went round the backroom to see it all (I've never seen 30,000 pieces of vinyl all stacked up on a floor before!) - they sold the lot though so if he did press it, it's definitely gone now.

The guy from the Tranceaddict forum who recreated the unknown tune have put it on Youtube... brilliant idea, though none has replied (yet).

Link added for future reference.

He shouldn't have put that reconstruction up really, should have been just the actual bit from the set.

I can already see some people replying:

" yeh m8 i fink this is lyk cafe del mar - 'energy 52 remix' "

I hate reading unknowledgeable comments! :wall: :wall: :wall:

• 9 months later...

I've taken it upon myself to download Ry Cooder stuff to try and find the track that this tune id samples:-

I have checked the following CD's (well mp3's) and the track is not on:-

Ry Cooder (CD Album)

Boomer's Story (CD Album)

River Rescue (The Very Best Of) (CD Album)

The Long Riders (CD Album)

Ali Farka Toure With Ry Cooder - Talking Timbuktu (CD Album)

Johnny Handsome OST (CD Album)

Crossroads OST (CD Album)

Alamo Bay OST (CD Album)

The Long Riders OST (CD Album)

Show Time (CD Album)

To check list

Primary Colors (CD album)

The End Of Violence (CD Album)

Last Man Standing OST (CD Album)

Music By Ry Cooder (CD Album)

A Meeting By The River (CD Album)

Get Rhythm (CD Album)

Rising Sons (Featuring Taj Mahal And Ry Cooder) (CD Album)

Why Don't You Try Me Tonight? (The Best Of Ry Cooder) (CD Album)

Blue City OST (CD Album)

The Slide Area (CD Album)

The Border (CD Album)

Borderline (CD Album)

Bop Till You Drop (CD Album)

Chicken Skin Music (CD Album)

Paradise And Lunch (CD Album)

Into The Purple Valley (CD Album)

Can't believe I'm listening to this but I want the name of the damn track so bad! Ry Cooder's done so many songs it's f****** ridiculous, he's been busier than M.I.K.E. ;)

Edited by Simcut

Have looked on the internet for "fan pages" and have posted messages on their guestbooks, have also messaged a fan page on Myspace for Ry Cooder! :P lets hope this pays off.

I've also just asked Mike Koglin to see if he knows it.

Edited by Simcut