id131 - last track played @ Lush, 30-06-2000

FuzzY-LogiC

Col Hamilton said

Col Hamilton

Sorry cant help you, sounds like a julesy tune rather than mine :)

:rolleyes:

Which is true....innit!

At least that rules out Jules' statement that Col played it. (which i think everyone knew anyway seeing as it finishes his own set off)

Can anyone get in touch with Nalin or Kane.........as mentioned further up the thread, it has an 'open your eyes' sound to it.

I don't particularly reckon it's either of them or both, but they were making alot of good tunes around that era....so they are certainly worth looking into. Plus I recently bought a Nalin and Kane tune, which is what reminded me of them. They didn't seem a samey act to me either, so maybe, just maybe..... :D

im convinced its a jules made track, no doubt about it...

jules played this on that fri show, and missed out altogether the name of it even tho he mentioned the tunes he was playin at the time, even when bbc put up t/l its said unknown white label!

im very convinced he played it on a fri ngt hot mix!

The only thing that makes me think he didn't make the tune is, that it was too good for a tune made by Jules in 2000, his productions weren't so good as that IMO

If he did make it, maybe we will get it out of him in the end though, which is good, but if he made it then he must have had help from someone.

Great some people have shown an interest in helping to ID it, from my facebook link, I'm not sure how reliable they will be, but they seem certain they'll be able to ID it. LOLOL

Ah well you never know eh :confused: LOL

Though this statement is a worry? -and if I find it, what do I get?

• 2 years later...

It really is a superb track :wub:

It reminds me of this track Sugar Nova - Over & Over (Stimulant Mix), maybe its by the stimulant DJ's? I know its a little out there, but check this track out, you can hear they were churning out euphoric trance in the style of Matt Darey with this one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOAoQBpHqTg

Some possible artists:

John Johnson

Alev Koc

Fridge

Steve Morley

Really hope this gets ID'ed someday, i simply cannot understand how this was overlooked, its sublime :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol bit risky that, did you want me to recreate that same version as best as i can or did you want me to do my own mix? im just at the breakdown now of a rough version of it got some stuff to tighten up ect but its sounding good :) though im having a slight problem with that guitar sound i mean i have the same sound but it doesn't go on for long enough enabling me to pitch bend it up then down like a guitar might have to bounce it down to wav and then loop it at a point so it sustains the sample so then i can pitch it up and down ;) other stuff is fine though :D will upload when i've finished it :) just working on a tune with dj jfk at the moment so will upload a preview of that when it's complete about at the breakdown of that tune aswell although got some stuff to tighten up again but it sounds like the old stuff :) 138bpm that 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys it's 100 percent jules Listen to way drum builds up before it drops just like pitching and it was played after canied and unable if i remember correctly you just need to reconstruct it its a shelved production due to clearance issues jules always gets funny with tunes hence why in olden days of playlists he used to spell titles wrong so hard for us mortals to get hold of I bet it's same as why his gladiator remix never has seen light of day clearance problems I head someone say on trace addict it samples a tune from flight of naviagator movie

Guys it's 100 percent jules Listen to way drum builds up before it drops just like pitching and it was played after canied and unable if i remember correctly you just need to reconstruct it its a shelved production due to clearance issues jules always gets funny with tunes hence why in olden days of playlists he used to spell titles wrong so hard for us mortals to get hold of I bet it's same as why his gladiator remix never has seen light of day clearance problems I head someone say on trace addict it samples a tune from flight of naviagator movie

I think agassi is right. I wonder why Jules didn't just re-do the samples or even remove them entirely so the track could be released? Another shelved project along with the Hi-Gate tracks which never made the album.

Craig how is the reconstruction going along, sir?

• 3 weeks later...

I remember speaking to Jules about this Gladiator remix of his back in the day - he said he made it himself for fun because he didn't like the other cheesey ones doing the rounds.