id131 - last track played @ Lush, 30-06-2000

FuzzY-LogiC

I've heard 'Paris Texas' from start to end a million times, and can't seem to find the track where this should be sampled from.

If you have any insight into which specific track the sample is from, please share! :thumbsup:

Scratch that.... I just found the link to the sample that Will uploaded. It must indeed be Paris Texas.

• 1 month later...

tightening everything up :D won't be long sorry it has taken so long i only get 1 night a week to make music so the time is precious but have made this on 1 of my nights and gone back to it when i have had time

whats the latest mate??

• 3 months later...

OK... I played this unknown tune (cut from the liveset) for a friends friend who is a guitar player and quite nerdy in regards to guitars.

He has no real interest in Trance, but he was very open minded when I asked him if he could listen to this and give his thoughts.

He listened a few times to the tune and I told him about the Paris Texas theory, but he was on the idea that the sample sounds more like Eric Clapton from the Lethal Weapon 2 soundtrack!

I found the vinyl (obviously) of the soundtrack a few days later and I can hear the similarity, but can't pinpoint exactly where the sample should be taken from.

This is just to get the theory out there and get people thinking. It's really just another idea, but I after listening to the Lethal Weapon 2 OST I'm tempted to say it could be it :)

No offence to will or anyone... it's just a theory :)

• 7 months later...

Welcome to the site Mike :)

The set can be found here: http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/topic/3528-2000-06-30-judge-jules-lush-kellys-port-rush-northern-ireland/

You would need to use iTunes to transfer the audio file to your iPod.

There might be ways to transfer the file without using iTunes. Check Google for a tutorial on this if needed.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going through reading old issues of Muzik magazine on a website that has scans of every single issue and happened upon the formerly mentioned on page 5, Jules Do Us A Tape feature. And these years later I reckon like many it was a Jules production that was shelved and now lost in time no doubt.

I was going through reading old issues of Muzik magazine on a website that has scans of every single issue and happened upon the formerly mentioned on page 5, Jules Do Us A Tape feature. And these years later I reckon like many it was a Jules production that was shelved and now lost in time no doubt.

Jacey B, could you elaborate on this more? Have you a scan of the page maybe... I'm intrigued

Jacey B, could you elaborate on this more? Have you a scan of the page maybe... I'm intrigued

I dunno specifically which edition Jason is talking about, but I'm quite sure he's talking about the pdf versions of every Muzik magazine, which I also stumbled upon recently. I debated with myself whether to post them up here, as Jules features in the golden era (positively and negatively) very heavily, but was unsure of the the legalities really. *

Anyway, they can be found here, lost hours going through these.

http://www.muzikmagazine.co.uk/

*looking at the link, this seems to be official, so should be nothing dodgy about posting them.

Indeed. It would be interesting to see the track listing.

You were the one who mentioned it on page 5 of this thread, the pages are hosted on this site, the link you gave is:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archives/board/index.php?/gallery/image/3-3-do-us-a-tape/

And yes I have lost hours doing the same milkybarkid!

• 2 months later...