id131 - last track played @ Lush, 30-06-2000

FuzzY-LogiC

Response:

' The Stupid Experts (Ally here)

Listening to the track with my daughter and she started fist pumping to it (she was barely 1 year old)... had a play around with the melody and made the track... she loved it (as she does most dance music I play for her)...

it needed a name (as you say, there isn't one!) so named it after my daughter... was her that inspired the remake after all, so what better name to give the track!?

We'd love to find out who made that elusive tune too... what a belter!
'

That clears that up.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:26 PM, JasonB said:

Sorry? dont you mean Rich Mowatt aka Solarstone? John fleming runs JOOF not Pure Trance or Pure Progressive! :P.

I personally dont think he has any clue or idea. He played a remix of motorcycle and said on his show that the remixer got hold of the acapella illegally or something, Rich was totally unaware that G&D themselves made the acapella available to download on their soundcloud (you still can now) to celebrate 10 years of the originally release and endorsed people dong new remixes using it. Shows how Rich Solarstone is  caught up inside his own Pure brand bubble and has little to no cue as to whatever is going on outside of it.

As to the fabled unknown track, the stupid experts were obviously fans of it so have recreated it in their own style. I know they are friends of Cliffy Burrows, better off asking him or the stupid experts who hes freidns with about it.

Hmmm, I read on either the Blackhole records page or one of The Stupid Experts pages that it was released via J00F Recordings (their original releases defiantly were along with one of their most recent). Oh well, who knows as Its all irrelevant now anyway. They didn't reply to any of my messages....... :wacko:

Stumbled on this thread yesterday. I remembered seeing the thread on tranceaddict all those years ago, and had totally forgot about it. On first listen again, it didn't really 'grab' me. But after a few plays, I love it. Because of the contrast between the guitar and keyboard.

First instinct was Rocco & Heist. But they have been contacted. It could be something by Pulser. The synths give me that feeling, plus the snares and arpeggio. If it isn't by him. It could have something to do with the atcr (a trance communication release) record label, or sublabels. Defunct now, but they always churned out quality, and this tune fits their 'sound'. Mabye you could contact Tim Stark who ran the label. I think he still reviews trance for dj magazine. Might be another dead end, but you never know!

As somebody said on the previous page. Paul van Dyk played it. I can totally get that, especially with the presence of that keyboard riff. Because that really fitted his playing style, especially back then.

The bassline is kinda smokey. It really reminded me of Andy Lings 'Fixation'

Anyway. Jules obviously thought it was a special tune because he played it last, and on Radio one. Perhaps the plug got pulled on it, after this airing. Mabye he had something to do with it because of the Ry Cooder reference. If it was scrapped due to copyright. The tune would still smash it without the guitar.

Or it could just be a one off acetate, with no info, which is long gone by now.
Frustrating, because the track is a little gem.

• 2 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 11:53 PM, Number2Fan said:

So I was just playing pulser - cloudwalking again and I swear it’s the same producer as the unknown - unknown I just feel it in my bones. 

I've been down the Pulser road many times to try and find some weird unreleased track done by a Pulser alias, but never found anything promising.

However, having looked at Pulser's old website through the "wayback machine's lookingglass" I can see he did a remix of a track that I can't find any connection to.

"Elemental - I Want You (Pulser Mix)" (white label)

Can be seen referenced here: http://web.archive.org/web/20030804041814/http://www.cloudwalking.com/remixography.htm

and here: http://www.ivibes.org/index.php?show=Artist&id=33

But that's it. There is no 'Elemental' artist on Discogs that matches anything trance related... as far as I can see.

Anyone know of this tune?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having scrolled through Youtube ive read so much about this track including the following that "Judge Jules chucked it in to the crowd after the gig and also some claimed that their friends has the tune but he hasnt spoke to his friend in ten years. "The Truth is Outhere" 

i think we are verry close to somefing

a member mark 1
You’re not going to believe me , but I was at Kelly,s (lush) that night a my friend was given this record by the DJ , it’s was just a white label, he still has it

The Ry Cooder story is pants btw 

I’ve listened to the whole album countless times. The guitar sound is an electronic synth & if you listen to both (ID track & Paris Texas) you can hear it sounds nothing like a guitar. The only thing similarities is a pitch bend, that’s it. 

FCCA91D7-ABBB-4759-B1D0-5F1FCE31031B.jpeg

• 6 months later...
On 8/30/2009 at 10:31 PM, Craig said:

i think its jules.... but im sure he played this in the studio, on a fri ngt hot mix??? so hes played it twice, once on the road and in the studio, im so sure of it!

good for u tim, goodluck with the rmx :)

Can't believe this has still not been identified. I bet Max Braiman who is a trance producer and sound designer on YouTube could recreate this pretty accurately. These are some of his old productions from 9 years' ago and he is even better today and does regular music production tutorials: 

On 12/24/2020 at 7:13 PM, Mark Carlyon said:

Can't believe this has still not been identified. I bet Max Braiman who is a trance producer and sound designer on YouTube could recreate this pretty accurately. These are some of his old productions from 9 years' ago and he is even better today and does regular music production tutorials: 

A member of this message board already has buddy! :P