Your DJ Setup

Wakey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll hold my hands up to that, but multiple threads hav now popped up - think i only really started one...i might go find one and change it to 'The Official Setup Thread'!

• 1 year later...

Christ it doesn't seem like over a year ago that this thread was last used :huh: .

Anyway, I suppose this topic is never dead so long as people keep updating their setup. On that note, I have recently purchased two new items of equipment for my audio pleasure.

Although it isn't all currently in use (one 1210 is packed away), this is my current setup:

2 x Technics 1210

2 x CDJ 1000 Mk3

1 x DJM 600

1 x EFX 1000 (NEW!)

2 x KRK Rokit RP6 MK2 (NEW!)

Sennheiser HD25 SP Headphones

Totally loving this setup at the moment. I've had the EFX for a couple of months now and amazed that I haven't discussed it on here but I have other things to talk about. Loving the feedback loops!! Haven't even scratched the surface in terms of it's functions and possible uses.

IMG_0606.jpg

I'm just using my old Technics 1200's with a gemini 626 mixer which was my "reserve mixer". It's on it's last legs aesthetically but it still works good. I am now using Serato Scratch Live too. I'm running version 1.8.1

I'll post a pic soon. I'm looking to get CD turntables again though. I'd quite like the Technics SLDZ1200's, but we'll see, i'm not a great hurry to get some cos i mix just fine using Serato and Technics SL's.

An EFX1000 will be added to that list in the near future too :D

Defo recommend you get one dude. Seem's to be standard piece of kit in DJ sets now. I'm still trying to figure out the advanced applications and how to make most of the time based effects sound any good though.

2 years ago is the best I can do til I setup my decks again after last week.

Not impressive as such, but I like it raw as fook, get your cdj's to hell, just take my pants off the speakers, move the air freshener to the hall, and and change the pc for a laptop with serato behind the decks, and a wee soundloop thing with my technics headphones that I think I may have blown, as I am deaf.

909135200a1054282599b694170181l.jpg

The Erab thing is a long story but is still there lol.

I'd take a recent pic but I haven't set them back up again after my last gig, takes ages, plugs in drawers and stuff.

• 5 months later...

setup-1.jpg

Here's my current setup;

2x Technics SL1200's

1x Battered old Gemini PS 626 Mixer

Laptop running Traktor Scratch Pro with Audio 8 Soundcard.

I did my first mix on it tonight which i'm gonna upload just to see what y'all think to the sound quality!

Also, i'm old skool and stubborn. No matter how many times i try with CDJ's, i always go back to Technics. I like them, i know how they react and i can mix on them way better than what i can with CDJ's, which i find (too responsive), as they're what i learned on - i know them so well. As a piece of technology, CDJ's are amazing though.

setup-1.jpg

Here's my current setup;

2x Technics SL1200's

1x Battered old Gemini PS 626 Mixer

Laptop running Traktor Scratch Pro with Audio 8 Soundcard.

I did my first mix on it tonight which i'm gonna upload just to see what y'all think to the sound quality!

Also, i'm old skool and stubborn. No matter how many times i try with CDJ's, i always go back to Technics. I like them, i know how they react and i can mix on them way better than what i can with CDJ's, which i find (too responsive), as they're what i learned on - i know them so well. As a piece of technology, CDJ's are amazing though.

OMG I am so wanting to come round all your houses and play with your equipment!!!! Looks good, I will put a photo of my old has been stuff up here as soon as I've made it look pretty!

OMG I am so wanting to come round all your houses and play with your equipment!!!! Looks good, I will put a photo of my old has been stuff up here as soon as I've made it look pretty!

You can play with my equipment any day! :P

Archived