Dave Pearce track listings 1999

CrasherKid

Hi, a long shot but does anyone know any Dave Pearce Sunday show track listings from 1999? In particular I'm looking for a show from roughly Feb/March/April 1999 and trying to ID one track. Used to have a tape recording of it but no longer unfortunately.

In the show he plays Jacob & Mendez - Sun & Rain (original mix) and then follows it up with a trance track I'm trying to ID. From what I remember, the bassline in the build up sounds like something similar to one in Groovezone - Eisbear and there is some kind of a male foreign voice that says something from time to time. Sounds like some kind of warrior call spoken in old Gaelic or Viking tongue. 6 or 7 words uttered fairly quickly in an authoritative, demanding tone.

Then there is a breakdown, pretty epic, and again the strings sounds like some Gaelic/Scottish/Irish melody. The melody is similar to the two DJ Sakin tracks released at the time, Nomansland and Protect Your Mind but it's not either of those. The melody from the breakdown then carries on into the take off. 

It was mixed into Sun & Rain but I can't find any Dave Pearce track listings anywhere on the net. Cheers

• 1 month later...

I am quite surprised their are no tracklistings of any Dave Pearce show on the net. Also no real audio of any description. I remember tuning in most Sunday nights. His 30 minute hot mixes were pretty good from memory, and he played some great tunes. (The odd cheesy one thrown in) but nothing wrong with that. He does get some stick. But i don't think that's fair!

I still have a couple cassette's, but they're from his R1 Summer Parties.

As for your tune, I've been racking my brains, but none come to mind. If you have the time, perhaps you could listen to some Jules sets from around that period, that could possibly throw up something. 

Their is a forum called tuneid.com, you could also try posting on there.

Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...