Radio 1 in Ibiza

oh god please dont remind me of that. Its been talked about before on here so im sure we dont want to talk about it again. ARGHHH..... Cant help myself!!

Why, oh, why do you stop your trancy set and play bloody U2 'where the streets have no name' or whatever its called and PPK resurection. Sorry Mr Oakenfold your a legend and always will be but that doesnt excuse doing the said act in your set. :cry:

That moment when PPK's 'Resurrection' came on has to be in my opinion possibly the worst choice for timing when to play a track in a set - it felt completely wrong and had absolutely nothing to do with anything whatsoever that preceded it - or what was to come next, which was (bizarrely) the Cosmos Mix of Coldplay's 'Clocks'...

Then that was the end of the broadcast I think!! Hilarious now, but can't have been at the time, bet everyone there was thinking, "...what?!" :(

oh god please dont remind me of that. Its been talked about before on here so im sure we dont want to talk about it again. ARGHHH..... Cant help myself!!

Why, oh, why do you stop your trancy set and play bloody U2 'where the streets have no name' or whatever its called and PPK resurection. Sorry Mr Oakenfold your a legend and always will be but that doesnt excuse doing the said act in your set.  :cry:

sounds bad, glad i missed it! Well ill be in magaluf over that weekend! jules is playing n the bcm on the 15th!

if the funds are good i might talk my mate in to going over on the ferry!

I've read reviews for Oakie recently and it seems he's on the up again, but still playing the same sets repeatedly (altho different from the above). We'll see...

I might be off to see him at Inside Out at the end of July. Bit pricey at £28 tho :cry:

Any info on this 5 hour emix from Global :?:

Thats exactly what I think. He plays the same records in every set. You can bet your bottom dollar that he'll play 'southern sun' 'carrera 2' etc..

The guy will always be a legend and be able to fill any club but I think he's gone a bit too rock and roll for his own good.

Stolen from another board:

12am-5am - Essential Mix

Live from Radio 1 Stage & recorded highlights

Extended to 5 hours with DJ sets from Pete Tong, John Digweed, Armin Van Buuren, Paul Van Dyk and Fergie

If that's true, it'll be a blinder

I saw Oakie at Homelands 2 years ago. He did a set on Jules live radio show and it was very dull and most of the crowd around me lost interest as the tunes he played were wrong for that time of day. As soon as Jules came back on again the place became alive and everyone was cheering and shouting. I was in the front row and everyone was so friendly. :D

I saw Oakie at Homelands 2 years ago.  He did a set on Jules live radio show and it was very dull and most of the crowd around me lost interest as the tunes he played were wrong for that time of day.  As soon as Jules came back on again the place became alive and everyone was cheering and shouting.  I was in the front row and everyone was so friendly. :D

Always a top night when Jules is on 8)

Archived