New Headphones & Record Bag

Max Kane

Right have decided i need some new kit as i look to get more gigs going and generally improving my setup. My current Sony headphones have done me proud but i think i'm gona need somethin a bit more rugged and durable. Discussed this last night in trancemixers chat room and everyone seems split between the Sennheiser HD25s and the Sony MDR700's

Having been very impressed with my current Sonys (and also the mdr's are £30 cheaper) i'm verging towards those at around £80.

Record bags/boxes are something i haven't really looked at too much but i know i'm gona need somethin fiarly rugged and good enough to cart round my vinyl, (no cd wallets for me you sell outs :lol: )

Here is the box i've picked out thus far...

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servl...g@ND=-1@Sort=LA

Any ideas or thoughts most welcome...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, the senn's HD 25 are very good sound quality, have used both these and the sony 700's, i would say the sound quality is the same, however the sonys are big and bulky and heavy and the senn's are nice and compact and very light - plus u can replace every single part of senns if anything was to break....

I would go with the senns as i have the HD 25 SP..

Right, my opinion, DO NOT buy a box!! I have got a box and so has my mate, when u try and carry one thats only half full u will soon regret buying it!!

GET A BAG!!!!!

Ive got a UDG bag, its the s***, u can pick em up for about £60 for a smallish one, in fact mine is in the sale at Chem - £60

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servl...g@ND=-1@Sort=LA

i would very strongly advise u to get a bag mate, boxes are useless!!

my senns are the single headband type like jules - HD 25 SP

the more expensive ones are the HD 25 which have used and was talking about in comparison to the sony 700's! :thumbsup:

Bags maybe more expensive but seriously a box is useless, if u have to walk more than 100m with it you're gonna be struggling!

I have had to carry that Bast@*d box befor dont get one, nice for show but a pain when walking to and throw. You can also fit in Pioneer CDJ's and wallets in a UDG bag. Ask Bjorn more about that.

Was looking at boxes for simple reason that they are cheaper to be honest and can fit more vinly inside them, may have to look at a bag then unless Higgzy fancies carting my box around :lol:

i had a box, ur restricted with what u can take. with the bag u can squeeze more in and there is pockest for camera n shizzle. and u can throw it over your shoulder to carry. box was only good for standing on....

i had the sonys and never really liked them, sold them and chnaged to the sen's after testing them in local shop....

I really like Sony's gear especially the headphones have had three separate pairs and none of them have failed to deliver, am hearing so much bad stuff about them though, everyone seems to love or hate, will probs go for a bag having read this thread, i'm tall enough without needing to stand on a box Glenn :lol:

Bags are the way to go. I bought a large 75 vinyl box. By the time you get to where you are going, your arm is 2 inches longer

there u go, another example!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordering my new headphones tomorrow, gona go for the Sony's, record bag can wait a while but will probs get a Technics one for about £40 next week. Cheers for all of your (sometimes) useful advice :P

Archived