Help I need Judge Jules - Live at Club Class, Maidstone

djtonyg

Hi,

Can anyone help me - Jules did a live radio 1 set from clubb class in Maidstone on a friday night, as part of his bi weekly live tours.

I was there that night and it was fantastic, unfortuantly my copy on tape felt the force of a dodgy radio cassette player and it got chewed to pieces sometime ago- gutted!!!! :x

Now I would love to re live this night so if by any chance anyone has this set could you pass it on.

The date I'm sure was approx March/April 2000. I'm sure it was done a few weeks before his essential mix at the opera house which was on the 07/05/00 so I'm guessing it was in April but can't say for sure.

Can anyone please help me

I definitely don't have this, though it was a good one as I remember listening to it. It was at Atomics wasn't it?

En Motion remix of Sonique was class, I might have snippets of the set on MD but hardly anything, will have a hunt. Would be good to hear this again... no tracklisting survives of this set :(

Hmmm, I definately recorded this set. There is a chance i still have the last 90 minutes on tape and may even have a tracklisting. I'm at uni at the moment but when I go home for the summer in a few weeks i shall have a hunt round for it. Used to listen to this set all the time.

Sorry I cant provide an imediate solution but may be able to do something in a few weeks :wink: .

Hey Tremor, good to see you appear here how did you find this board? 8-)

Would be nice to hear this set, I remember it too, think I recorded it but the tape's long gone. You could hear the atmosphere of music around the club, that "live" feeling and all the crowd just going crazy...

Back in 2000 i recorded almost every one. They should all still be at home in one of those cassette organiser thingy's.. bout the only tapes i actually used to keep organised. I will be able to have a proper look in about 3 weeks time as im at uni at the moment. I'm sure I can work out how to upload some of them given a bit of time :wink:

Absolute quality! We'd love those tapes on here, would be amazing if you could hunt them down and wrap them in cotton wool. :)

You could send them into Traill he's converted a few tapes into mp3s on here, but I think he's sunning himself in Spain for a year at the end of June :?

Hey Tremor, good to see you appear here how did you find this board? 8-)  

Would be nice to hear this set, I remember it too, think I recorded it but the tape's long gone. You could hear the atmosphere of music around the club, that "live" feeling and all the crowd just going crazy...

I was there and the atmosphere was electric......

If you could get this tape uploaded Tremor it would be fanatastic mate :wink:

Ok cool hopefully ive still got it.

Tracklist memories are coming to me already, think it ended with Smudge & Smith - Near Me (how dare westwood interrupt this with his bomb!!)

Other tracks included Racoon - From The Deep 2000, Storm - Time to burn, The Pitcher - Dropshot and plenty of others I'm sure he played but wanna check the tape before sayin and gettin it wrong, lol..

I just hope i've still got it

• 4 weeks later...

Right im back home now and have been routing through my tapes. Ironically and highly disappointingly this tape appears to be the only one that has been taped over accidentally!!

To my horror the tape labelled as atomics in maidstone has some other random stuff on it :x

The only hope for this now is whether i backed it up on minidisc but it doesn't look hopeful. Very sorry about that, if anyone else has this set it appears I am now in need of it too :(

The only consolation is that I did find numerous other tapes so watch this space, hopefully lots more jules audio coming up in this section of the board :wink:

The only consolation is that I did find numerous other tapes so watch this space, hopefully lots more jules audio coming up in this section of the board  :wink:

Really disappointing about the Atomics set! :cry:

Never mind. What other audio is have you got? Looking forward to some old summer vibes... 8-)

Ok... I have just recorded the set from Karranga @ Creation in Bristol, will upload this weekend hopefully. it was an early 2000 live friday show... after that i shall try and upload them in order they were broadcast... next one i have would be gods kitchen.

• 9 months later...
Are you local to atomics then tony?

Yeah I'm a Maidstone lad, however I'm currently living in the midlands.

Used to the love the nights there, Jules, Tall Paul, boy george were always there on a monthly bais. Jules even voted it the best unknown club in the country at one stage around 99 I think. Damn shame when they closed it down and moved club class to Ikon - which never worked attracted the chaves!! Hey those were the days :D

Did you use to go often?

• 3 months later...
Yeah I'm a Maidstone lad, however I'm currently living in the midlands.

Used to the love the nights there, Jules, Tall Paul, boy george were always there on a monthly bais. Jules even voted it the best unknown club in the country at one stage around 99 I think. Damn shame when they closed it down and moved club class to Ikon - which never worked attracted the chaves!! Hey those were the days :D

Did you use to go often?

sorry took ages to reply tony, im from Dover but sadly never went to atomics. It used to have decent line ups dj wise but never got my arse in gear and made the effort which i really regret as the night life down here is non existant now :angry:

hm, it seems this guy here have this, thoguh his website is old and haven't been updated many years: http://users.breathe.com/martin.gallagher/setlist.htm

at least this is on his list...

"Judge Jules Live @ Atomics in Maidstone 05/04/2000 Radio Broadcast"

That makes the date the 5th of April 2000 (for own note).

i'll try email him.

Edited by FuzzY-LogiC

That date sounds wrong - I reckon it must be 07/04/00, but I can be 100% sure.

As far as I know we don't have a surviving tracklisting :confused: However, I recall I do have a small fragment of this set surviving in good quality on MD. If I can find it, I will cross-check it with what TLs we have just in case.

Also, Jon - that guy has a shed load of Jules sets we don't have... I'd like to try and nab everything on there we don't have, if possible! If that email doesn't work... we can always force our way onto his messageboard and contact Admin. :mrgreen:

Going to PM you now.

lol, yeah that might be the way to do it!

I kinda see it go like this...

INT. MESSAGEBOARD - NIGHT

Traill enters messageboard and approach Admin

TRAILL

I need your clothes, your boots, and your Judge Jules mp3s!

Traill speaks in a calm, monoton, but still convincing tone.

The Admin's eyes narrow. He takes a long draw on this cigar, the tip cherry-red hot.

CIGAR ADMIN

You forgot to say please.

He grinds the cigar out on Traill's chest. Which produces not

the slight reaction of pain. Traill calmly, and without

expression, grabs Admin by his meaty upper arm...

Ok sorry, i couldn't resist :D

Let's give him over the weekend to respond to the mail... then it's Hasta La Vista!

One good thing is that the mail wasn't bounced, so it might actually be active.

roger more over...

Edited by FuzzY-LogiC