Is being a "metrosexual" ok?

Quadrant

Is being a "metrosexual" ok?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just an update but I've done some research on this and I know women like a well-groomed guy - and this INCLUDES moisturizing and eyebrow plucking. Obviously I'm not going to overdo this, but having spent over £50 in Boots today I'm willing to give a few products a go and will report back here on my findings. Among the stuff I got:

Biore "Ultra" Nose Strips (£7)

Grooming Kit (clippers, tweezers, nail scissors)

Facial washes (Zirh Clean - Facial Wash)

Facial scrubs (Task New Skin Face Scrub, )

Toners (looking forward to this one, got mid-range "Korres Hamamelis Cleansing and Tonic Lotion")

Moisturizers (chose the "Zirh Protect" - Environment Defence Moisturiser, £20 this cost me!)

There's loads of stuff out there guys, let's hope my money's not gone to waste.

hahaha, think u just answered you're own question there quadders, think you're deffo at least working for the other team ocasionally, if not permanently...

Bi-sexual springs to mind.. :lol::lol:

Well over the next 7-10 days I'm gonna try these for the benifit of males on the JJA messageboard, and tell you all what I think. And what Piranha thinks as well - hopefully she'll notice the difference too.

Hang on, Bjorn now let's get this straight - I am not gay! (I'm taking being bi-sexual as being gay as well, because it just is). I take it you're one of these "shower only" persons too? Have you ever tried any of this stuff? Don't mock it if you haven't - if it's all a load of bollocks, then I'll come back here and say, but I'm willing to try, so shuddup! :wink:

Hang on, Bjorn now let's get this straight - I am not gay! (I'm taking being bi-sexual as being gay as well, because it just is). I take it you're one of these "shower only" persons too? Have you ever tried any of this stuff? :wink:

Yes bi-sexual means you are gay too mate. Unlucky.

haha, well yes im a shower only person (as in our student house we only have a shower...)!

Ive not tried the crap uve listed there, moisturiser for my dry skin is about as far as it goes....

gay.gif

Ive not tried the crap uve listed there, moisturiser for my dry skin is about as far as it goes....

If you have dry skin then I've got some tips for you:

Use a gentle facial wash that won't dry the skin further.

Use a facial scrub only once a week to remove dead cells but don't rub too hard or for too long.

Use a good moisturiser twice a day, though you already do this I presume?

Avoid shaving foams and soap that will dry the surface layer of the skin.

Use sun protection of at least factor 15 when ever you are outside.

Drink plenty of water (beer and wine don't count!) to prevent dehydration.

Take fish oil capsules daily to provide essential fatty acids.

That emoticon is reason enough for this thread being given legendary status  :lol:

Well considering Bjorn is at Derby University, it's strange he should call me gay considering the emoticon's URL:

http://..../emoticons/cityofderby/gay.gif :roll:

Chrissie what do you think of all this?

I think it's hilarious. However it is one thing for a man to smell nice and to take a pride in his appearance but l think it is a bit over the top using these other tonics, creams etc. Sounds a bit suspect.

Look at Beckham - he's not gay!? Though he admits to liking "being admired" by both men and women. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with more male attention but female attention, yes, take care of yourself, and there it is.

Look at Beckham - he's not gay!? Though he admits to liking "being admired" by both men and women. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with more male attention but female attention, yes, take care of yourself, and there it is.

is that what u tell the missus :wink:

I've had enough of this - once I've tested all this stuff, and got reported back here, then you have every reason to slate me if it's rubbish. But for now, I am the King.

This thread is nuts, i've completely lost track of what's going on now. I've even been called 'incredulous' the shock! Go for it Quadrant test the products but i have to say success or no success i won't be referring to you as 'the king' at any point, and nor shall i be spending £50 on aforementioned 'beauty' products :lol:

Well tomorrow is my last day of testing - some interesting results, some disappointing but some good :thumbsup:

:lol: Keep us posted the world waits in anticipation...

Archived