Is being a "metrosexual" ok?

Quadrant

Is being a "metrosexual" ok?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't mock, young sir. I am going to delay this until Monday or Tuesday until my toner runs out. It's actually been a revelation some of this stuff, some of it does f*** ALL though so I'll let you all know.

I'm going to try some tanning lotions next - anyone else want to join me? I'm thinking of comparing the standard Boots Factor 15 to something like Piz Buin Tanning lotions and the oils as well? I'm not convinced you get your money's worth!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mock, young sir. I am going to delay this until Monday or Tuesday until my toner runs out. It's actually been a revelation some of this stuff, some of it does f*** ALL though so I'll let you all know.

I'm going to try some tanning lotions next - anyone else want to join me? I'm thinking of comparing the standard Boots Factor 15 to something like Piz Buin Tanning lotions and the oils as well? I'm not convinced you get your money's worth!

im with quaddie.....putting on toner is safer than sitting in the sun and getting cancer.... :shock:

i think im gonna do it this year as the UK's summer has been cancelled.

I think the best fake tan is by St Tropez, either the mousse or the spray.  It's excellent, l've been using it for years as l don't really enjoy laying in the sun.

My report comes tomorrow everybody! I'm sure you all await anxiously :thumbsup: - Chrissie is that this?:

mist.gif

You mustn't burn! Very important for us Anglosaxons.

I have the long-awaited verdicts on the products I tested. Marks are out of Five...

Biore "Ultra" Nose Strips:

Ok these cost me a lot of money and you only get 6 sachets - a rip-off. They just clean your nose and make them free of black-heads, oil, and other crap as apparently us blokes don't wash our faces enough. You leave this strip across your wettened nose for 10 minutes, then peel it off and it takes all the impurities with it. This worked great the first time, but afterwards I didn't need to do it again, so the rest were pointless and just gave me a red nose which just needed moisturizing. A rip-off as well, but I wouldn't buy these again unless my nose really needed it. Verdict - 2/5

Grooming Kit - clippers, tweezers, nail scissors and cuticle pressers:

Very important for keeping your mits clean. Quite enjoyed using the cuticle things but not sure they actually do anything. I'm not used to plucking eyebrows but I will forever keep them in check now. You have to pluck in the sime direction the root is growing so it comes out easier - don't pluck too many off though or it looks unnatural. Overall not a waste of money because the items are useful, the pouch looks cool, and you will take it on your travels everywhere. Verdict - E-eeeeee-sential. 5/5

Facial washes (Zirh Clean - Facial Wash & Nivea Sensitive Facial wash/ cooling balm):

Nivea have cashed in on the male grooming market and have products for all skin types. It took me ages to decide which to buy, but in the end I got this and the Zirh stuff as well because there was an offer on it. Both did the job, but if you get any of this stuff in your eyes you'll know about it. I didn't like the Nivea one as much because it had menthol or something in it so the vapour stung my eyes when I was rubbing it into the cheekbones... I guess their other range doesn't have this. Both were excellent and made me feel fresh in the morning. There's nothing better than a clean face and if you use the Nivea cooling Balm after shaving you'll make the missus wild! Brilliant if you spend the time choosing the correct product: Verdict - 4/5

Facial scrubs (Task New Skin Face Scrub):

I was not sure what the difference was between this and the facial wash, but it turns out this had "exfoliating micro-beads" in, which basically means its a facial wash but with minuscule hard beads in whilst you give yourself a facial (well, so to speak). I preferred the Zirh stuff; I think I lost a bit of money purchasing this. Verdict - 1/5

Toners (Korres Hamamelis Cleansing and Tonic Lotion):

I was expecting more from Korres Hamamelis. The trick is not to use oo much or it's blatently obvious you've been adding the colour. I used this on nights out on the cheeks and it gave me more of a confident, warm colour. I suspect this would be very useful in winter to give you more radience. You get a lot for your money because you use it sparingly. I liked this very much. Verdict - 4/5

Moisturizer (Zirh Protect "Environment Defence Moisturiser") :

Brilliant again from Zirh. My only thing with this was that this cost an absolute fortune and I really don't think it was worth my printed paper. I'd be prepared to pay half the price. The good thing with this I found was that it it evens the tone of your face and adds moisture to the skin without leaving it shiny or oily. It absorbed well and made everything very supple. Very useful for slightly dry skin, just such a shame about its price. Verdict - 3/5

So go buy your grooming kit from a nice London store, have some nice moisturizer and aftershave cooling balm from Nivea, use a good facial wash and add a tiny amount of toner for extra lift if you're going out. Don't bother with the scrubs or nose strips, and most of all - don't over do it. 8-)

Q.

yeah have to agree tom, although we don't have a bath in our student house - but we do have a large nice shower - with a 'special' seat :D - comesi n handy afetyr rugby trainign when u barely have the energy to stand up - just angle the shower on u and mong i nthe shower, ha!

yeah right, you just get your uni ladies to service you whilst you sit down and chill! 8-)

just the one mate - uni lady :wink:

higgzy - care to comment? i know u've been serviced in our hsower too but who do u reckon abuses the privelage? :evil:

yeah right, you just get your uni ladies to service you whilst you sit down and chill! 8-)

I thought University was the time to indulge in as much young flesh as possible!? :o That's what we did, back in the day *chuckles and gazes up to the corner as he ponders the thought*

I thought University was the time to indulge in as much young flesh as possible!? :o That's what we did, back in the day *chuckles and gazes up to the corner as he ponders the thought*

ah did that 1st & 2nd years matey, settled down with the gf now as i had such a busy year 8-)

• 1 month later...

Reluctantly, I'm bringing this thread back to life again :wink:

I've inheritted a wax problem in my ears and used to regularly have to get them syringed at the doctor's, probs yearly. I've always thought that it can't be good for you having that much water rammed into your ears and the gf's Mum works at a Health & Stress clinic. There they use these long straws made of 'herbal' ingredient's (bees wax, etc) and it sits in your ear whilst it burns.

The 'stuff' inside it melts into your ear and a flue effect is created and it sucks the wax out. Had it done last night for the 1st time and I'd truly recommend it to anyone else that has a similar problem.

So, am I metrosexual now?? :? :lol: :wink: