Team SR Leaving London

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Release date at the moment is planned for August

Takes the pish! Why so bloody long... its a summer tune, thus I wanna pick it up before the summer monthys so I can actually play it!

Hopefully some early promos will kick around :S

Release date at the moment is planned for August :)

Unbelievable :( I'm starting to side with Tom :wink:

What's Tom got to do with it. :? :lol:

I'm notoriously grumpy with release schedules. Also i'm Steve's hero :lol:

Release date at the moment is planned for August :)

Unbelievable :( I'm starting to side with Tom :wink:

What's Tom got to do with it. :? :lol:

I'm notoriously grumpy with release schedules. Also i'm Steve's hero :lol:

All hail The Tom :wink: btw, cracking show tonight :lol:

Hey guys, I can give you a bit more info on this thanks to a mate that works at FiveAM.

The reason that this appears to have taken so long is because it was originally handed out directly by the Signalrunners to Judge Jules, and not by FiveAM.

I've been told that the remixes are still under production, and then once those are finished, they, along with the original mix, will then be sent out to the A-listers. Once they've been supported for a little while, then a release will be on the way.

GTR - Cops is scheduled to be released before Team SR - Leaving London.

It could be worse - it could have been signed to Mondo or Vandit - then we wouldn't have got our hands on it until 2011. They're so slow at releasing things!

It's a bit gutting when artists hand stuff straight over and then have their tune signed, wouldn't be so bad usually but the fact that they now have to wait for remixes and then wait once more while the remixes are supported is a bit much. If i were one of those desperate to get this i would be none too pleased

I agree mate. Sometimes, supporting a tune for so long (as in Jules's case), can result in it being over-played and sounding stale too. So many times i've heard a Vandit or Mondo release being supported for months, and then by the time its been released, i've become tired of hearing it.

The same is going to happen with Jules's "Keep Me Running" - I loved this tune when I first heard it, and still do like it - but its coming to the stage where its gonna have to be released within the next 2 months otherwise i'm going to give up. Jules has been playing it non-stop for nearly two years now - thats far too much. At the end of the day, Jules only really needs to play it on Radio 1 once or twice for it to become a big seller - he has that power.

Kuffdam & Plant 'SummerDream' was being played for at least 18months by PvD before he released it, yet 'Dream Makers' came out quite quickly, generally Vandit are awful with releasing things on time, but their releases are usually top draw.

Armada labels are usually pretty good at releasing stuff as they don't really push promos but Seroya 'Beautiful' has been signed to Coldharbour for at least 3 months now and it still isn't out. :roll:

The same is going to happen with Jules's "Keep Me Running" - I loved this tune when I first heard it, and still do like it - but its coming to the stage where its gonna have to be released within the next 2 months otherwise i'm going to give up. Jules has been playing it non-stop for nearly two years now - thats far too much. At the end of the day, Jules only really needs to play it on Radio 1 once or twice for it to become a big seller - he has that power.

agree...

think the same with fabio stein's tran4. Quite bored of that now :s

It's a bit gutting when artists hand stuff straight over and then have their tune signed

Thinking about it, I guess sometimes it works out for the best too though. For example, "Fabio Stein - Tran 4" was handed out to loads of Trance labels and rejected each time, so Jules vowed to support it until a label took note and signed it - and eventually it happened. Without Jules's commitment to that tune, we wouldn't be seeing a release of "Tran 4" at all.

That proves how much selling power Jules has and back up my comment about not needing to cane a tune endlessly for two years. I guess it also proves just how clever Jules is as a former A&R man - the fact that loads of labels rejected it, but Jules was adamant that it was good enough for a release proves what he's really made of outside of his DJ'ing skills. That probably shows why Manifesto was a strong label whilst Jules was there, and why it went rapidly downhill once he left.

Hats off to Jules - he has his critics, but he never gets any credit for things like this. In my opinion, TRan 4 is one of the best Trance tunes this year (I hated it at first oddly enough!!) - without Jules's support, this could have gone astray and gone down as one of those great tunes that never saw the light of day.