13/05/06 - Radio 1's One Big Weekend, Dundee

Neuro

Schedule looks like this but there's no individual breakdown as to set times this evening:

19:00 Radio 1's Big Weekend

More highlights from the UK's biggest free music festival in Dundee. Annie and Jules get you ready for Radio 1's Big Weekend Dance Party.

22:00 Radio 1's Big Weekend Dance Party

Live from London Nightclub in Dundee. DJ sets from Mylo, Pete Tong, Judge Jules, Fergie, Dave Pearce, Annie Mac, Rob da Bank, Chris Coco, Trophy Twins, and Shy Brother.

05:00 The Blue Room

The best in chilled, ambient and acoustic music with Chris Coco, plus a Radio 1 Big Weekend mix.

Guess we'll just have to tune in from 7 and hope we catch Dangerous :roll:

I really hope someone recorded it too as I couldn't be arsed to stay up that long. Sounds like more of an E-mix time anyway from Jules, assuming his whole set was broadcasted?

I'm listening via listen again, go to the essential mix section and click on part 2 of the broadcast, Fergie hands over to Jules who has a chat with Annie Mac, mark from Throphies, reads a few shout outs/commets, spins a few housey tracks then its Tongeys set, and then 1hour 9mins 30 seconds into part 2 Jules starts ends a couple of minutes before the end of part 2, followed by Dave Pearce.

This is what I've come up with, corrections please if I'm completely wrong!:

Mark Eteson presents Joshua Ryan vs Marcel Woods - 'Cherry Whip' (White Label)

Above & Beyond V Dogzilla - ' Tri State Without You'

Nash - 'Dreams'

Judge Jules - 'Keep Me Running'

Team Sr - 'Leaving London'

Erick Morillo , Harry Romero & Jose Nunez - 'Dancin' (Remix) ???

Abel Ramos - Electro Fun (E-Craig Remix) ???

ID???(might not be a track here might just be me as I skipped 5 mins !)

DJ Elof pres. E-Love - 'Vrantique' (Vrantique Remix)

Erick Morillo , Harry Romero & Jose Nunez - 'Dancin' (Remix) ???

This is -

Steve Angello vs Metallica - Metallica is Dancin' [White]

Did anyone catch what was going on on eBay this week with tickets for Dundee? It appears that 85% of tickets were allocated to Scotland, half of which went to people in Dundee. But, according to people's comments on eBay, the vast majority of tickets were stolen by postmen and put up for sale on eBay. To stop the tickets being sold, people were bidding up each set of tickets to £8,000 and then, obviously, not paying.

There was even one story of a woman approaching a postman and asking if he had any tickets for the Big Weekend and he sold her an envelope containing 2 for £50 on the spot :shock:

The problem was, the winners of the ballot, didn't know they'd won and whether they would receive tickets or not and the postmen knew that. I apprecaite it may only be a handful of corrupt postmen, but its not fair on everyone else.

This is what I've come up with. Where the ID is is about 1hr 50mins into it, I recognise it but can't think of the name, someone probably can ID it easily tho! :thumbsup:

Nash - 'Dreams'

Judge Jules - 'Keep Me Running'

Fabio Stein - 'Tran 4'

Metallica vs Steve Angello - 'Metallica is Dancin'

Abel Ramos - Electro Fun (E-Craig Remix)  ???

ID???(might not be a track here might just be me as I skipped 5 mins !)

I've done some hunting round and I found these set times for last night, if they're correct:

Anne Mac 11-12

Mylo 12-1

Tong 1-2.10

Jules 2.10-3

Dangerous Dave 3-4

Fergie 4-5

It fits in with what Jason reckons too. Was Jules running late or something, to be stripped of 10 minutes :?

Not all of his set was broadcasted, as there were 3 rooms operating at the same time. Only a portion of each Djs set was on air.

I will do a correct TL later, as Tran 4 was played, and the JJ 'Keep me running' was the new altered Fabio Stein remix.

These parties are good for free to go to but i'd never pay anythin, the lineups are always a bit messed which doesn't give any flow to the night and a good deal of radio 1's roster is deadwood, they need a clear out to get back in tune with clubbing, with that in mind why the f*ck did they sack Jon O'Bir???

This grime stuffs blowing up so they wanted to cover that I spose!, as for breaks, Annie Nightingales got that covered surely so is there any need for Tayo as good as he is?

No, no need whatsoever :lol:

The tune that needs ID'd is the awesome:

S.O. Project - Direct Dizko (Sander Van Doorn Remix)

Heard this on ASOT in April and thought it was brilliant. Also thought it was a tune that Jules would support so was great to hear it live last night :)

Also, the official title for the Dancin' remix is:

Martin Roth's Hands On Steve Angello vs Metallica - Sandman Is Dancing

So the full listing is -

Nash - 'Dreams'

Judge Jules - 'Keep Me Running' (Fabio Stein remix)

Fabio Stein - 'Tran 4'

Martin Roth's Hands On Steve Angello vs Metallica - Sandman Is Dancing

Abel Ramos - Electro Fun (E-Craig Remix)

S.O. Project - Direct Dizko (Sander Van Doorn Remix)

:?:

Archived