Your favourite Jules jingle?

Simcut

I just liked the woman whispering "Judge Jules", or that bloke saying "We're getting louder [shotgun fires] - with the Judge" - NOT to be confused with that American geezer or Westwood shouting "we're getting LOUDAAAAAA!!" - f*** off.

Only sexy women should be allowed to do small, pithy jingles - and used minimally.

More jingles I hated? - well, every single one that they use today - Westwood voiceover and all that bollocks - it doesn't sound cool, it doesn't excite people, it pisses everyone off and just sounds extraordinarily s***. All jingles should be scrapped or at least used sparingly - NOT covering every single f***ing mix into another tune or insensitively across a nice Trance breakdown which is what happens every in show now. GRRRRRRRRRRR!! :evil:

Bring back the women - and the Friday night show style. Rant over...

I agree with Quadrant!

But do you remember one with Darth Vader with another one of those sexy ladies in the background and then you hear Darth say "Impressive..."

I personally like the vocaded "Radio One - *echoes* ident that's used now too. Phat. Wish I had a URN one!

The old opening to the essential selection used to be mint aswell, with the sample from TranceSetters 'Roaches' and the famous opening sayin...

'We're gona do a song especially for all you nightclub people,'

'Well you are night club people ain't ya?'

'Alriiiiiiight'

yeah man I loved that jingle!

There are so many classic jingles.

Moving on to Jules'isms, one of the funniest I heard was when I was playing a tape to Jase last night and Jules said "oral spurts of delight, hmmmmmmm!" - it sounded so wrong LOL :D

I always liked the start of his Friday night shows, that woman:

"Fasten your seatbelt......... it's going to be a bumpy ride. // Judge Jules // "

lol @ "aural spurts" Simon mate, he did a few dodgy ones like that

I remember one - "We're banging like a headboard.." :roll:

Does anyone remember one of the jingles that was really short, was the sound of a cork squeakily twisted in a bottle and then a woman letting out a rather aroused emmitance?

It's in the mix between Agenda and Allure in this mix:

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/board/v...opic.php?t=1415

Mine has to be Rolf Harris saying "its time for house!" or Cartman saying "kick ass!!!!!"

:D

Yeah the kick ass one was quality.

Was listening to the Set in Lush from a few years back, it gets aired numerous times.