Good B-Sides

bigsteve

I don't know about you lot but I find half the time I listen to the A side, find it disappointing, flip over, and sometimes find a gem I was never looking for :)

That Intruder/Pound release I though was one of their weakest records to date! Bit bizarre, can't remember which side it was but it was absolutely awful! The other was ok, but nothing special. I didn't buy it. :roll:

Yeh occassionally it is a bonus - but the B to Three Drives - 'Sunset on Ibiza' is quite bad, well i'd never play it out of choice anyway.

Solid Globe B side's have never really appealed to me either - the one on the flip of Lost Cities hasn't grown on me at all.

• 2 weeks later...

The best ones have got to be the album sampler type records as your getting maybe three good tracks, possibly four if your super lucky on ONE, yes ONE vinyl!!! Halleluiah!!

Two good examples that spring to mind are, firstly, the reactivate vinyl sampler which contains Green Martian 'Industry', Tyrell Corp 'Running' (M.Picotto remix) and Cliff Tangredi 'Shimmer'. All top tracks from back in the day.

The second one is the recent ASOT album sampler, which contains Innerstate 'I found you', Liquid Overdose 'Ancient Space' (Fred baker Rmx) and Eye wall 'Bad Deal'.

If you think about it there are a lot of releases out there that give you a couple (or more) good records on one vinyl. Marco V's old releases used to contain two tracks per vinyl i.e. tolerance/savage!! They were wicked.

yeah your right uber..last sampler i got was armin van buuren universal religion last xmas - got it mainly for ridgewalkers - find (andy moor remix), but it also had above & beyond pres.tranquiity base - surrender and mirco de govia - voller sterne (super8 remix) on it..........value for money!!