Your ideal format for Jules' show

Neuro

After all the perlava about the recent changes to the show, as a bit of fun really if you assume each track is 5 minutes, and Jules has got a 2 hour slot, how would you personally arrange the show?

Mine would be as follows... kind of a mixture of old & new: :D

01. Single track

02. Mastermix 1

03. Mastermix 1

04. Mastermix 1

05. Single track

06. *Gone But Not Forgotten*

07. Single track

08. Mastermix 2

09. Mastermix 2

10. Mastermix 2

11. Single track

12. *Last year's Tried & Tested*

13. *This week's Tried & Tested*

14. Single track

15. Mastermix 3

16. Mastermix 3

17. Mastermix 3

18. Single track - "one more tune before going into the mix..."

19. *Half Hour Mix*

20. *Half Hour Mix*

21. *Half Hour Mix*

22. *Half Hour Mix*

23. *Half Hour Mix*

24. *Half Hour Mix*

I'd also ban all Radio 1 jingles, and bring back the stunning competitions that really were worth ringing in for 8-)

Jules opening half hour mix, gone but not forgotten, 20min mix, t&t, jules half hour mix, guest mix half an hour, never gona happen probably unfeasible but hey that's what i would love to hear.

How about a 2 hour mix?

- it's a proven formula; that's why we've loved Essential Mix all these years 8-)

I'd love that but it'll never happen, they just love gimics too much.

I quite like the idea of the first thread - that looks a nice idea.

Once thing I would also suggest is that there should be less Funky House and more Trance.

Perhaps Jules could feature a lot more tunes that he plays out in the clubs too and give less support to some of the other tunes that he perhaps overplays on the radio. Some great tunes that Jules plays don't get supported on the radio, or perhaps get one airplay maximum, and then there are others that he supports for 6-7-8 weeks (Fabio Stein - Tran 4 for example).

I agree with Tim's suggestion as being the most feasible and probably the one that radio one could consider. Steve's live every week from a club would only work if Jules was in a handily placed timezone every week :lol: Can't wait for some of the live shows this summer, but they even managed to f*ck them up with that backstage section, used to be top when we got 2 hrs non stop in the mix from places like Homelands etc.

Yeah not bad Traill - listening to some of the old friday night sets from the Jules Audio on this board there used to be 3 mastermixes on a Friday too. I presume that's why you did that, mixing the best of Saturday and Friday features... :thumbsup:

The crux of the matter young sirs, is really that the Saturday show just isn't a Friday show, and can never be :cry:

That note about the competitions is also quite good, you could win all sorts of crazy compilations and gear. Now it's just texting in "guestlist" and hoping your text arrives in the studio faster than Darren from Essex who wants free entry cos he's a cheapskate.

Think personally for me, he had it on the head back in teh day of 5-7pm shows.

Kick off nice and easy, drop 1 or 2 mixes ere and there up to the t & t feature, stick with 1 cos it makes it more valuable then!

then a nice half hour mix at the end!

Back in 2002 "The Judge it For Yourself" feature used to be just before the mix, which did of course shorten the mix.

Looking back at some of the old tracklistings one can see that the format has changed many times.

I totally agree with Tom regarding the live festivals and how the backstage section is unnecessary. The first time he did this was at Homelands in 2004 and l was horrified, such a waste. :cry:

Archived