Eddie Halliwell mixes next Cream Album...

Aza

Certainly come along way now - cream haved asked him to mix a new album, looks very very decent too. The last cd he did "fire it up", there were a few of his own personal efx in there and track edits, this one has got loads!

T/L below - its out on the 19th of this month...

Disc 1

Speedcats feat. Owen Jarvis - Speedcats (Roel H Remix)

[T]ékël - Cif

Tomas Andersson - Washing Up (Tiga Remix)

Freeform Five - No More Conversations (Mylo Remix)

Steve Lawler - That Sound (Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso Mix) (Eddie's Feedbackloop Edit)

The Egg - Walking Away (Tocadisco Remix)

Sterling Void feat. Paris Brightledge - It's Alright (Chris Lake Straight Mix)

Steve Angello - Teasing Mr Charlie (Eddie's Extended Edit)

Sucker DJ's - Bombay Sapphire

Mixin Marc - Right Here Right Now (Eddie's EFX Edit)

Axer - 123 (Eddie's Live EFX Edit)

Deepgroove - Jus Luv Bass (Eddie Hot Cue Edit)

Cirez D - Copyrat

Sucker DJ's - Warehouse Recall

Marco V - Red Blue Purple

Chris Lake - Release

Jim Masters & Phil Barry present String Theory - Viral Infection

Tom Hades - Achronycal (Eddie's Essential 3 Deck Edit)

Jim Masters & Phil Barry present String Theory - Pieces Of My Mind (Eddie's Live 909 Edit)

Phil Kieran - Snakefight (Eddie's Live EFX Edit)

Daniel D - Fresh Funky (Marco Nastic Remix) (Eddie's Drop Out Edit)

Axel Karakasis - Sync Out (Eddie's Live EFX Edit)

Rob Mooney - Feelin Electro (Valentino Kanzyani Remix)

Valentino Kanzyani - iPray

Disc 2

Kuffdam & Plant - Dream Makers (Sogs 2Faces Mix)

Solange - Messages (Gerry Cueto Mix)

O'Callaghan & Kearney - Exactly

Greg Downey - Vivid Intent

Mark Norman - Touch Down

Giuseppe Ottaviani - Linking People

Sean Tyas - Lift

Thomas Datt - Evaporate

Giuseppe Ottaviani - Through Your Eyes

Manix - 88 To Piano (Fabio Stein Remix)

DJ Preach - Broken Inside

Max Walder - Persistence (Eddie's Essential 3 Deck Edit)

Out Of The Past - Mystery

Deep Voices - Imagenetic (Mac Zimms Remix)

Marcel Woods - Cherry Blossom (Trance Energy 2006 Mix)

Has always been the downfall of Eddie that he tends to play the same track over & over again, some of those have been around for ages. CD 2 doesn't look bad though

How has he packed so many tunes onto CD1?? :o  

Reminds of of Armin when he used 3 decks and crammed like 100 tunes in 2 hours or something ridiculous?

Armin used Ableton live to edit those tracks and then just use small samples of each tune or accapella them for the year mix concept. Eddie probs just plays em all at pitch speed 35 and scratched & looped his way thru them all :lol:

greg downey - vivid intent is amazin track!!!!!

Have to agree with you there, I also really like Cued Recall? Think thats what it is called.

Would like to see this Guy dont really know anything about him, has any one seen Greg in action?

Dispite the Irish connection reminds me of Mr Patterson

Dont under estimate me!!!!!!LOL nah i read an iterview on dont stay in ages ago, i also like a tune which i think is call K.I.A may be wrong there so if i am please excuse me :oops:

Saw Greg a few years ago, played a wicked mix of breaks, hard house, trance, techno and some classics, all vinyl, although he did try to play a cd and the crappvestax double cd jobby wouldnt play it after he'd cued it up, lol talking to Greg briefly after his set he called them 'f'ing s***' (If I remember rightly!).

Choonage wise, havent heard Vivid Intent, he's done a collab track too which I havent heard either, I do love Shaker though (B side to Cude Recall) although Cued Recall and KIA are also stromers, the Marc Van Lidne Mix of KIA's is ok but nowt on the original.

• 3 weeks later...

A mate has lent me this CD for a while and i have to say CD2 is superb. Really nice to hear Eddie hammering out a lot more trancey stuff, though it does go more techno flavoured at the end. The Cueto mix of Solange is superb heard PvD play it about 2 yrs ago at Gods and it blew the roof off, one of those that looks certain never to get a full release though

Have listened to pretty much both cd's now after being in the car for quite some time over the last few days...

Both cracking, the mixing is limited (unlike fire it up), but I have actually found my self listening to cd 1 more. Seems a perfect flow of tunes and amazing mixing nonetheless.

Cd2 is quality too, think gonna listen to that again now - deffo worth the purchase though :)

Cd2 is quality too, think gonna listen to that again now - deffo worth the purchase though :)

CD2 features primarily the trance sound that i got bored of but the tunes on there are top draw and hammered out really nicely, i think when Eddie plays techno his crazy mixing works but with trance i personally prefer the smooth sounds and mixing, i think DJs that go crazy in a trance set can usually just over-complicate things a bit

I got this CD yesterday and went straight to disk 2 which is quality in my opinion. Some very good tracks though im not quite sure why 'Linking People' is on it being quite old now and when through your eyes is on as well which I think is much better.

Will give CD 1 a listen soon but I have a feeling I wont like it as much.

Yeh see what you mean there...

Although it is a cracking tune and I suppose good to see some variety in there (i know he puts two tunes from Giuseppe Ottaviani), but like his last "fire it up" album he put "lsg - nevertheworld" in there, which is fairly old in comparison to the tunes on the album, but works great :)

Eddie always plays old tracks in every set he plays, every time i've seen him he's played at least one really old tune if not three or four, that seems to be the criticism everyone lays at him. He doesn't rotate his tunes enough, but personally i enjoy hearing some older stuff now & then.

Why does everything have to be upfront hot off the pres etc... playing some older stuff, well known classics or whatever can be better imo than playing whatever 50 other are always playing, even then i Don't know 99% of what eddie plays so its a good thing ha ha :lol:

Random rant once again, I rarely buy mix comps and when I do they have to be special, this aint one o they for me.

I think it shows good skill and also great effort to sift through and select some older stuff.

It is easier for the likes of Jules & Eddie as they receive upfront stuff all the time. Actually taking time out to look through some older stuff is cool - I also enjoy dropping a fairly oldy tune or classic in my sets occasionally :)

I'll usually play an older record now & again and maybe have one or two per set but the criticism that has been levelled at Eddie is that he plays too many of them, and i'm not talking classics, just records from 3 months or so ago. I think that big names have something of a responsiblity to showcase the newest tunes and to spin up to date stuff.

Archived