"Proven Worldwide" in UK shops yet?

Briggsy

Just a reminder that we have decided to extend our "limited edition" offer:

mugtree_250.jpg

Judge Jules 2012 London Olympics Mugtree

* Please note that any connection between the Proven Worldwide import release date and the 2012 London Olympics is entirely coincidental.

September has been mentioned several times on this messageboard. As many of you are having problems getting the US version l have decided to wait for the UK release. Also a DVD will be included in this one which sounds really interesting and a brilliant idea.

I can't wait til September unfortunately. "Keep Me Running" is almost becoming tedious now because its been around too long - by September, I think i'll have heard far too much of it and begin to dislike it. This is why I hate it when labels hang around too long - somethimes they think they're doing the best thing by holding up release dates to miss clashing with similar albums and tunes, but instead, lose sales by people becoming bored of tunes because they've been around too long.

Labels just seem to lose out on so much custom by doing this, i mean 'Ordinary Day' has been floating around a lot and has been played relatively often by A&B (who have their own edit) and that's not even on the horizon for a release. I think everyone knows how much delaying release dates pisses me off

I agree completely mate. I cna understand them delaying things sometimes to avoid clashes with other tunes on the same label, or to avoid clashes with other "big" tunes on other labels that may affect their sales - but a month or two should be enough. Waiting for a year, two years or sometimes even more is just plain daft - especially when they send them to A-listers two years earlier to promote. By the time its released, either everyone has forgotten about the tune, or its been played to death.

Its always the regular suspects too though - Vandit are pretty much the worst but Mondo are also bad.

I think 2 or 3 months after its recieved major A-list DJ support is adequate. And if a high profile producer creates a tune and intends to release it, then he needs to do one of two things - keep it exclusive to him/herself, but give it occasional plays, or cane it and release it quick - but caning it flat out for two years like Jules has with "Keep Me Running" and then thinking that people aren't bored with it is risky. As much as I like Jules and his productions, the brain can only handle so many repetative plays before it becomes tedious.

I can't understand why he's caned some tunes for ages (Keep Me Running & Requiem For Rascals), but hardly supported any others (Without Love) - it seems a bit daft.

Les Hemstock has the right idea - produce it, play it for three months, release it, and then let it go for a year, and then start bringing it back into sets again. Matt Darey does a similar thing.

I agree that he has well and truly overdone it with "Keep Me Running" but the same can't be said of "Requiem for Rascals" which l haven't heard him play in ages. It happens to be one of my favourites along with "Without Love" and "Ordinary Day".

Clearly this is a fake CD; I used to (not) work in Customs & Excise and the back of the inlay shouldn't be white - also the plastic is poorly manufactured as you can see from that 'halo' Jules is holding. So overall, clearly Bjorn you have bought an illegal copy!

*tries to think of something more convincing to support this argument* :D