31/12/99 - Where were you?

bigsteve

After listening to Dangerous' set from the Millenium, it reminded me how crap my Millenium night was. I was at a s***ty party where no-one wanted dance music on, but crap 80's stuff. I was well annoyed and kept turning the stereo on to Radio 1 :lol:

Hardly my best night 'out' but it didn't cost much I suppose.

So where were you?

A really poor house party with parents, there were a few mates & my brother there aswell, but i didn't feel up to much anyway, the only plus side was the house in question had an indoor swimming pool.

NY Eve is almost always over-rated anyway but my millenium eve was by far the worst i can remember.

I think it was my first New Year's Eve where I wasn't just at home, at a late barbeque at a friends whilst the parents mingled elsewhere at the same venue. I don't remember much except drinking Pimms (which I'd never tried before and loved from then on) and I too had the radio constantly on...

Those Pimms adverts by the way are quality - though recently they are more illustrative of English eccentricity than homosexuality, in my opinion. :D

I duno that one where they are all dancing to Adam & the Ants is pretty gay :?

Also had to go to work at 7.00am NY Day to claim my £3000 bonus. Weren't in the best of states i can tell you, and being in the I.T industry i thought it was all going to go wrong, but it didn't.

Every year i travel down to the goodgreef boat in newcastle and have a brilliant time! What it does mean though is having a fairly quiet eve as 12 hours of partying on a boat is knackering even though this year i partyied and stayed up rite through for 3 days :oops:

At home lin bed listening to the radio brodcasts and recording them, how sads is I.

That's like myself back in the day, falling asleep trying to record the Essential Mixes before I got a hi-fi that had a timer :lol:

At home lin bed listening to the radio brodcasts and recording them, how sads is I.

Verry :D

Saying that, I don't remember anythin of '00 so I might as well have been doing the same :?

Pics looked like we were haveing a good time tho!

Every year i travel down to the goodgreef boat in newcastle and have a brilliant time! What it does mean though is having a fairly quiet eve as 12 hours of partying on a boat is knackering even though this year i partyied and stayed up rite through for 3 days   :oops:

They are always great line-ups for that event. Will it be back this NYD? Not even sure if Promise is still going in Sunderland :?

I actully blagged a dj sot on the club i plyed at. can barley rember it due to drink intake, as door oped early till late! i rember i was pissed as fook and could barly mix the choons in but the pl were all having a real good night. pl cryin n wat not!

• 4 weeks later...

i was at Gatecrasher Don Valley Stadium.

Ok, it was freezing cold, PvD's midnight tune was ruined by some nob climbing the rigging, the decks kept playing up and it was £111 to get in, but I wouldn't have gone anywhere else!

Archived