aza_vs_steve_murano-break_the_insane_light_(mash_up)

Aza

Hey guys...

Working on revamping my first ever demo. I've been trying to make a live triple booty mash up for one of the tracks.

Your thoughts are welcomed as well as some suggestions for a track title.

The tracks involved are

Snap vs Plaything - Do you see the light

VPL - T Break

Dark Monks - Insane

This is only in initial stages, so excuse some of the slight errors...

Click here to listen to the sample...

http://www.djnoff.com/aza/aza_vs_steve_mur...nsane_light.mp3

Cheers for all your comments guys :)

I did it pretty much off the cuff a while back and found they work quite well, so I just wanted to do a quick blip through to give you guys some idea. Needed some opinion etc to get some idea what everyone thinks. I think I will try tidying it up soon and shortening it perhaps.

I need to work on the scratch where T Break comes in, and perhaps not bring it back in to T Break, but just flip it into Insane - I agree its duration is more than I expected (didnt realise till I finished recording :? )

This is ludicrously long sir Aza! I say slice it in half, and tighten it even further, so the whole package sounds crisp and intricately interwoven. Also, the right speaker was dead in the whole of that sound file, maybe a phono cable disonnected :?:

Pretty neat effort but what you should do is record the long item with all the crossovers perfect, even if it's like 15 mins long, then edit it down and tighten it up on your PC, and burn that to CD :wink:

-- it's still done live, and no-one will know the better - plus as a complete track it would sound good in a mix somewhere.

Aza, was just abt to have a play about with ur mix but... like was said, theres not enough audio comeing out of one of the chanells and its 12 mins long ... I'll send u my msn add, leve it like it is (lengh wise) ... I'll play around with it as it is but i need 2 good crisp audio chanels if you can ?!?

BO!! :D

p.s. sent this to a friend (wont say who... but he was grooving to it, it's cool as m8!!)

Aint long got back from Hertfordshire after spending a week with my dad.

Theres so much to catch up on this board :) I was amazed to see such responses to this - thank you all.

TBH, it aint crisp as when the idea came to me I just wanted to lash it out and get some response from you's lovely bunch!

Dormouse & Dewi, it would be great if you could edit this for me. I will have another bash at this and get it puurfect. I think its best I aim not to shorten the length as it will make cueing up etc even more harder (dark monks has to be cued up within 20-30sec)... Ill re-record and leave it full length, I think it will work & sound better after being edited using software (but wanna keep the live effect if you get me :)

Few questions I need some help with...

- I have not changed any of the settings on my computer since recording previous demos, the sound seems ok on those? Checked all leads and they seem ok? I have an onboard sound card, do you think this may be the case and would you suggest getting a dedicated sound card?

- If this is to be a track, would you suggest not messing with the intro to make it mixable, or do the bass cuts work?

- Are the minor scratches ok to layer the VPL track?

Cheers guys :)

• 1 month later...

Will get back to doing this one day...

Tell you one thing, I had an idea to make a booty with "Randy Katana - Play it loud" & "tiestos - flight 643" it turns out that someone named dj macarius has already done it, I know that its only fairly recent too, which means my idea has been lost :S

After speaking with Dormouse, Ive learnt that, that Randy v Tiesto track is not very new. I have only just discovered it after thinking about the idea my self, never mind hey... Gonna focus more on this murano track (when I get chance...):)

Archived