Dangerous Dave Pearce

Briggsy

I have to agree with some opinions on here that Dave has played some awful tunes in the past and no doubt still does but i guess the best way to judge a DJ is by their live performances rather than on Radio shows where the tracklistings may have been made to suit the time of show etc.

When I saw DP play at Eden in Ibiza in 2003 he played a wicked set in which every tune was spot on. I also thought his mixing was very good that night so from my 1 experience of seeing him live he was good.

Exactly - Radio 1 dominate what each DJ plays (looks at Jules's show for example - he doesn't play half of the stuff he plays on the radio in clubs).

Outside of Radio 1, he seems a fairly decent DJ. His enthusiasm can't be faulted either. I think the only time he plays cheesy DJ sets is when he's booked to do a "Dance Anthems" set in clubs.

Believe it or not, DJ Sammy is similar - despite his cheesy reputation, he also does some serious sets - and when he does, he's a bloody good DJ.

Someone on another forum last year gave me a link to a DJ Sammy set and told me that it was a "serious" set - I thought they were taking the piss, so downloaded it - but he was right - he had a few Randy Katana tracks in his set, DJ Atmosherik - Aquarius, Vrantique - Vrantique, etc. I was shocked!

I've learnt not to take radio shows too seriously now - I let live performances do the talking.

That the thing sometiems theirs peopl that produce utter shyte but bang out good sets, not to say darude was shyte or anything but... considering what hes best known for, his tatw guest mix was completely different expected, wicked proggy set.

Dave's mixing is at best, appalling, but he does play good stuff, and always gets the crowd going.

Rumour has it, that KISS FM are going to get back into the Dance Music scene on the Radio, as people are totally fed up with the s*** that it's churning out at the moment.

So it'll be interesting to see if they go back for Jules or Dave or any of the others who have graced the airwaves.

Dave's mixing is at best, appalling

He's inconsistent though - like Jules, he can be an awful mixer at times, but on other days, he can pull off some great sets with nice mixing.

So it'll be interesting to see if they go back for Jules or Dave or any of the others who have graced the airwaves.

I can't see them being able to compete financially.

I take your point Briggsy about the financial implications, but it would be great to hear Jules do a radio show with no worries about fitting round other DJs. Although the area coverage for Kiss is far greater than R1, there's always the internet :wink:

• 12 years later...

Funny how all these years later the main now national kis fm has gone to shit, 'the beat of the uk' ? , the shir more like 99% rnb and the occasoanl commercial dance track, even friday and saturday night kis has gone to shit, stever smart or steve thick as i call him playing all the trendy radio edit length remixes of pop tracks. music for the short attention span generation. kistory is terrible as a standalone station, as narrow minded as hearts club classhits shows. kiss fresh is just as bad for the stuff they play. A big multimedia company ruins a once great dance music station.

@funkypete id be interested in both tracks mate.

17 hours ago, funkypete said:

hi Drtim i sent you a message with download link hopefully you get it ok it seems the message thing is a bit dodgy lol if not comment bck here 

Lovely, thanks mate.