eddi h - wmc - 2004 - effects

whos_this_guy

Yeh I did notice mate straight away when I was listening to it cos that tune was being cained quite a lot then!

I think he was playing it on cd and using the loop feature to bring it back to the kinda "dig a dun dun" on Pontápe!

I am also pretty sure that on the tune Jules made (Pontape vs Loops and Kicks he use's the same effect!) :roll: :roll: :roll:

Awesome though mate to come back to your post how Eddie does that - esp LIVE!

There is one trick that I want to know, but by the time I learn it it will be old is how the dj's loop on cd and sort of speed the frequency up so that it makes a sort-a cranking noise - Jules has done it live and Eddie also does it alot! I think its used to sort of pro long the build up if you get me!

One example of it is on the tune "Tuneboy - Sexbusters (Technoboy Rmx)" around the 1 min 10sec mark if anyone wants to check it out.....

I think I know what you mean! Though obviously I've no idea how you do it... Jules did it in Liquid @ Sunderland at the Radio 1 afterparty (evening of OBW) I remember, and he had control of the lights too I think which was vital - with absolutely no warning in the middle of a track he took this tiny loop and pushed it to some extreme distortion boundary - everyone was going mental!!

there is an effect tha tu can do on the cdj 1000, you create a loop. then make it smaller, thus giving a mad buiild up effect! ive doen it a few time in that mix of mine!

eddi seem to do sumthing diffrent - seem like a flange or filter with the vocal sored on the mixer! ill have to wait till my 600 arriver and work about with it!

i duno never used on!

but heres wat to do!

1. create a loop (4beats or so).

2. push the "out adjust" button again!

3. turn the jog wheel anit clock wise! (this makes the loop smaller)

4 keep turning it till it meets the "loop in cue" (this should be making a mad noise now)

5. exit the loop

or

turn the jog wheel clock wise then exit the loop

fook about with it for a while ull pick it up. i think ive it mastered enough, i can set loops and mix them in!

Having seen Eddie at Wild child Milton Kyens, i thought he was the f***in tits!

Im intreaged to hear some of these effects you guys are talking about!

Anyone got any idea where i can find some :wink:

i know exactly what your on about - jules does it on keep me running EVERY time he plays it! I think he's done it o nhis most recent online mix, or the one b4 that, im gonna check it out....!

nah, this board is the dogs proverbials mate!!!

Everyone and imean everyone is sound (part from simcut - he's a bellend - hahaha!!)

its not the most active board i use but it certainly aint the quietest (cus jj.net!)

if we don't like someone - goodbyeeeee!

http://www.djsource.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=42506

Ian Knowles describes it in an audio tutorial in that thread......

but as with any message board you get a couple of ungrateful cocks  :twisted:

Any chance someone could upload a sample Halliwell doing this trick that everyone is on about? That link says that it can't be done with the 600s sampler, though granted I didn't listen to the link he posted. :oops:

If it's just that looping which goes into a sort of fuuuuuurp sound which gets shorter, then it can be done with a 600.

Archived