Briggsy: Back Tonight with New Format Show! ALL OUT ATTACK!

As of tonight, i'll be starting a brand new, new look show, on Code.FM.

I've decided on this format because I still want to have a bit of banter on the mic with listeners and folk in the chat room, but at the same time, I want the latter part of my show to represent my true "club" style and be more serious. I hope you tune in to check out my new show as of 8pm tonight.

This is how the show format will go:

8pm til 8.30pm - The Wednesday Warm-Up. Funky House Mix OR "Calmer" Trance mix. ("Calmer" Trance mix on tonights show!)

8.30pm til 9pm - Retro Replay. A half hour mix of classic tunes from 1998-2003.

9.00pm - 9.07pm - This Time Last Year. A tune that caused mass destruction this time last year! UNMIXED!

9.07pm til 9.15pm - Future Favourite. A forthcoming pre-release tune that is destined for big things. UNMIXED!

9.15pm til 10pm - All Out Attack! A 45 minute BANGING, ENERGETIC mix featuring a mix of past, present and future pounding Trance & Techno - mixed in my favoured "driving" style. This mix will represent my "true" style that you'd hear me play in a club.

Some elements of the show will feature my usual mickey-taking, tongue in cheek banter on the mic, whilst other sections of the show will remain serious and speech free (ie, the 45 minute mix).

I hope you enjoy the first show in its new format when it kicks off tonight at 8pm.

I'll post the "listen in" links a little later on 8-)

This was quality i listened in and the mixing was spot on, top bloody tunes too!  

Deffo reccomend ppl listen to this next time!  8-)

Cheers Bjorn, thanks for tuning in mate!

The mixing was very hit and miss to be honest. The first half hour mix was flawless, the classics mix was half decent, but after that, my ears gave up and then everything went to pieces :(

On a side note, i'm leaving my headphones alone completely for about a month now until my ears get better - i'll have to keep myself entertained in other ways, so chances are, you may hear some dodgy Briggsy bootlegs soon :shock:

Tracklisting from last night by the way:

The Wednesday Warm-Up - 8pm til 8.30pm

Mike Foyle - Shipwrecked (John O' Callaghan vs Mike Foyle Club Mix - AVB Intro Edit) [Armind]

Deep Skies feat Cass - Little Bird (Mike Koglin Vocal Mix) [Maelstrom]

Nitrous Oxide - North Pole (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]

Hemstock & Jennings - Mirage (Lange Remix) [Phase]

No One Driving - Playa Sol (Original Mix) [White Label]

Retro Replay - 8.30pm til 9pm

Atlantic Ocean - Waterfall (Original Mix) [Pegasus]

Motivation - Para Mi (Intrique Deep Bass Attack Mix) [Definitive Records]

Sensation - The Anthem 2003 (Original Mix) [iD&T]

DJ Tom Stevens vs Koma Squad - Outface 2000 (Olmec Heads Mix) [iDJ]

CRW - I Feel Love (Pete Pritchard Mix) [Nukleuz]

This Time Last Year - 9pm til 9.07pm

H.O.T - House Of Trance [Overdose]

Future Favourite - 9.07pm til 9.15pm

DT8 Project - Narama (Jurgen Vries Remix) [Forthcoming on Mondo]

All Out Attack - 9.15pm til 10pm

K90 - Red Snapper 2006 (Destinations Re-Dub) [Dataless]

4 Strings - Jewel (Original Mix) [Liquid]

Aurora - Summer Son (F&D Dub) [Gusto]

Judge Jules feat Amanda O' Riordan - Without Love [Koch]

Armandi - Philtre (Green Martian Remix) [bonzai]

Martin Roth & Frank Ellrich - The Orange Theme (Martin Roth Remix) [Gang Go]

D.E.E.P.E.R - Bayside [Captivating Sounds]

Marcel Woods - Monotone (Original Mix) [High Contrast]

*show extended until 10.30pm due to next DJ being late*

Judge Jules - Keep Me Running (Original Mix - Briggsy's Extended Edit)

E-Love presents Vrantique - Vrantique (Original Mix) [bonzai]

Unknown - Unknown [CDR]

Hi-Gate - Pitchin' (Original Mix) [incentive]

K.Sheehan - Tick Mode [CDR]

Like the looks of the warm-up mix mate some nice tunage in there. You're really getting into the spirit of things too radio wise, not posting your own main mix tracklisting and putting the age old radio comment 'details to appear here shortly' love it! :lol:

Pfftt, you can't get loyal board members like you used to! :lol::lol:

You didn't miss much to be honest - my ears died half way through the set so it all went a bit Pete Tong after that :(

I'll have a rest for a month or so and then do another show - and i'll record it just for those unloyal, useless board members that work :lol:

Excellent stuff Briggsy I tuned into this :thumbsup:

When you say your ears gave up / need to give them a rest for a month or so - any problems relating to tinnitus? :?

It's something we all have to take very seriously... :cry:

Thanks for tuning in Tim - nice one mate :D

I've never actually had any problems with Tinnitus. Basically, i've never used monitors throughout the time i've been DJ'ing (6-7 years or so) - i've done everything in my headphones. Unfortunately, being the idiot that I am, I have my headphones at a VERY high volume, and occasionally, I have phases where my ears just say "we can't tolerate any more, so we're going to ache for a few days and cut out the mids and highs so that you can't mix right".

Its a problem i've experienced for a couple of years now, but normally a day or two's rest and i'm OK again.

This time though, i've taken a couple of weeks away from the decks (apart from 5 minutes here or there to listen to a tune), and although I was a little better last night, I found my ears starting to hurt a little after an hour or so, and then the highs and mids just sounded quiet again.

It is concerning to be honest, and something i'm trying to get out of - but old habits are hard to break i'm afraid. I'm going to take a month off this time and then start afresh.

I can tell its my ears asking for a break because whenever i've taken a break in the past, my mixing has been better than ever - the mids, highs and bass sound crisp again. At the same time though, I know i've caused damage over the years because I have lost a little bit of hearing - I struggle to hear people at times when there's some background noise (not particularly loud background noise either), and whereas I used to have my headphone dial on the "11 o clock" mark comfortably, i'm now on the "1 o clock" mark.

Seriously everyone - take note of what your ears tell you. If they hurt or things don't sound right, then they're telling you something. Don't do what i've done and continue to abuse them. I'm only 27 and the signs are starting to show already. Worrying stuff!

I've downloaded this set as l also missed it as l was entertaining friends last night.

Some quality tunes in that T/L.

Sorry to hear you have problems with your ears-not good but at least you are doing something about it.

Archived