"Jobsworth" bouncers....

Briggsy

Hmmmm after sailing through GodsKitchen's security in the past, last night, they seemed to be on a mission.

I went with 4 CD's to hand to the DJ's (as i've done in the past), my "Proven Worldwide" CD and I also went with a marker pen (as i've done in the past should I get the opportunity to have my T-shirt signed, etc).

Last night, they took the four CD's off me, let me keep hold of my "Proven Worldwide" after I explained that, funnily enough, I went with a Judge Jules CD because Judge Jules was on the line-up! They also took the marker pen - they obviously didn't believe that i'd took it to get my CD signed.

They obviously thought that I was either going to frisbee the CD's across the dance floor to slice people's heads off, or scribble someone to death with a marker pen. :roll:

No mate, It was more hassle than it was worth trying to get them back at that time in the morning. They probably went in the bin with the marker (which I saw him throw in the bin).

I was just pretty pee'd off that they took 4 CD's off me which we're clearly labelled "FAO: Mark Eteson, FAO: Sander Van Doorn", etc - it was quite obvious what the CD's were. What pissed me off even more is that there were other people in there that had got through with CD's and pens.

Also, Mark Eteson was handing out copies of his new compilation album to friends, etc that were there - I'd say he gave away 30 CD's throughout the night. Surely, if they take CD's off you because they're "dangerous", then surely its unsafe for Mark Eteson to be handing them out in the club.

Also, Judge Jules, Mark Eteson, Sander Van Doorn, Marcel Woods and Gareth Emery were all playing from CD - does that mean their a hazard to people on the dancefloor too? :roll:

Idiots......

How did they find them on you anyway, sir Briggs :?:

You should have hidden them better - or were they feeling your pockets because you look like a knife-wielding psychopath...

I remember not being allowed into a London club because I was not wearing the correct footwear. I was prepared to accept this until a whole stream of girls were then waived straight through without paying and certainly not wearing the proper attire or footwear, and upon pointing this out we merely got the questioning "what you gonna do about it?" smiles from the bald-headed doormen-cum-w***ers. :evil:

I'm sure we went to strip-club eventually, I can't remember.

Gods bouncers are infuriating, the searches range from empty your pockets and away you go to a full fleecing from the big lass on the door (who is incidentally harder than all the blokes put together)

It pissed me off most at the Air birthday party with Armin last september, i'd queued for upwards of an hour only to be told that no1 else was going in, when i suggested a one in one out system and saw a good 5 or 6 ppl leave i got told to shut up and go home.

Then two people got out of a taxi swanned up to the door and said hi Leeroy how ya doin and marched in. The upshot was me coming within an inch of a good kicking for going a bit mental at one of the bouncers and callin him... well i don't wana get banned but you get the picture.

They are w*nkers and sometimes they do things like that just to piss people off

yeh, bouncers - too thick to get a proper job and obviously bullied at school so have to gain sum sort of pathetic power in some sort of way...tossers.

f*** em briggs, im sure u could send the cd's - althought it wud have been nice to make sure the dj's had them in their wallets safely!

On 8 out of 10 cats a couple of weeks ago there was a survey that showed 90% of 'door staff' saw their job as protecting clients' saftey. What do the other 10% think there job is then :?

I can't stand clubs that won't let you wear trainers. What is the point in wearing expensive clothes, only to get idiots spilling beer on them and stubbing fags on your clothes (thankfully this is decreasing now).

I want to go out and enjoy myself, which I will do better in clothes that are more suited for dancing for 4+ hours in

I've never been to a (dance music) club that hasn't allowed me in wearing trainers, i think that a few other clubs that try to go for the upmarket approach do limit entry and have a dress code but Gods, SeOne & the Canal all actively encourage people to go in 'funky club styles'. Gods even states that trainers are fine.

I can't be arsed to contact them to be honest. Gods piss me off big time - not only are their bouncers the most obnoxious people you can meet, but that appears to work all the way through the system.

I've contacted most of the big clubs about putting their line-ups, etc on my TTA website, and Slinky, GoodGreef, Junior:G, Native, Cream, etc have all been great. They send me regular press releases, offer free tickets, etc - what do Gods do? Bugger all!

As for trainers at Gods - well, their policy club policy is "urban" wear - but the bouncers all seem to have their own policy. The last time I went to Gods, someone was refused admission for wearing Reebok Classics - yet inside the club, I saw someone else wearing identical trainers!

Gods have rules for one, and rules for another!

Oh, and as for their forums on their website - have you noticed that you hardly ever see any bad comments on there?

Thats because if you run Godskitchen down on their forums, a member of the forum admin will come on and say "thats not true, we're good because this, and that, blah blah" - and then ban anyone that continues to run the club down.

Any other club's forum asks what they mean by the comments, and what can be done to make the situation better in the future.

Most of them are arrogant pigs and full of their own importance.

I had problems with them when l went to see Jules do his R1 show live from Fistral Beach, Newquay last August. Jules had put me and 2 of my friends on his personal guest list and l had taken along the email he had sent me just in case we had a problem getting in.

They wouldn't let me in and then Jules just happened to come along to the gate and he explained that there were 10 people in all on his guest list. The doormen insisted he put it in writing otherwise they wouldn't let us through the gate. In the end Jules just ignored them and ushered us through and he took us round the back of the marquee.

I dread to think what would have happened if Jules hadn't intervened.

They are a law unto themselves. :evil:

Even the buggers at the Notts Uni SU were really up themselves...at a student bar. Ridiculous and it's true they always favour the girls with the shortest skirts and let them in, but then look at guys like they are not worth the time of day and obviously have a pocket full of drugs and knives.

but then look at guys like they are not worth the time of day and obviously have a pocket full of drugs and knives.

Or the lethal weapons that are CD's and marker pens.

Whatever next - a Metropolitan Police marker pen amnesty? That should could all those graffiti-related deaths....... :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever been helped by a bouncer in any way? ie if you've been ill, have they called for help, or if you lost your wallet/purse have they come up with any useful suggestions? After all, its US paying their wages :?

I'd be interested to know if anyone has ever been helped by a bouncer in any way? ie if you've been ill, have they called for help, or if you lost your wallet/purse have they come up with any useful suggestions?

Only once in Seville when we became regulars, and after I'd done some promo work for them (which merely involving handing out 100s of flyers and persuading random groups of girls in ther high street to come to the club that night for a free entry or free drinks, I enjoyed that! 8-) ).

We were being harrassed by the local chavs who insisted on us giving them Euros for no reason and kept following us around everywhere on their motos across town. We weren't planning on going to the club but we did in the end so the bouncers could tell them to f*** off, which they duly did to great effect... Later on, one of the staff showed us a cupboard underneath the reception booth which held a number of wooden bats, which I've no doubt they would have not hesitated to use had the kids come back in a larger group. For me it was just one of a number of uncomfortable situations I endured whilst abroad, where things could have got out of hand but somehow didn't. :?

Whatever next - a Metropolitan Police marker pen amnesty? That should could all those graffiti-related deaths.......

I used to know a friend of a friend who tagged London underground and mainline trains and buildings in the capital during his spare time... a wonderful artist but a vandal in essence. Next time you're travelling through London by train, watch out for the "K N O W N" tag.

Sounds a bit nasty regarding the Spaniard doormen - I've seen some in London gratefully throw out complete knobs, but equally so refuse entry to perfectly normal people just wanting a good night out.