Randy Katana - Plastic Fantastic

Briggsy

I think this is going to be one of the tunes of the year. I heard it at Gods again on Saturday and its probably my favourite Randy Katana track now. That catchy Oboe riff gets stuck in your head for ages. I heard it at Gods at around 2am, and was whistling it still at 7am on Sunday morning.

This has taken over Randy Katana's remix of L'bby Haba as my favourite piece of his work now.

I haven't had chance to hear this just yet but have been told by someone that it's a rework of Plasticman 'Spastik' which was a Richie Hawtin productions from years back, anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...

Really don't like this track, seems Randy is getting cheesier & chessier, first he remixes DJ Sammy, then he remakes a Warp Bros track, now this, very dissapointed with his latest stuff, 'In Silence', 'One Solid Wave', 'Fancy Fair', 'Tribal Shock' & even 'Pleasure Island' were ten times better.

Note - I know 'Confusion' is a New Order track but listing it as Warp Bros, i think you'll agree, illustrates my point with far more vigour :lol: :wink:

Oi, nowt wrong with his remix of DJ Sammy!

Disagree mate, thought that was dire. Not Randy's fault i don;t think anyone could do anything with the s*** DJ Sammy knocks out

its not a bad choon, though is more of a remix IMO of Rune than any thing else!

Everyone keeps saying it's a remix of Rune but really 'Calibra' was just a remix of another tune anyway, so if they can claim their version as their own i see no reason why RK can't claim this one?

Archived