Global Gathering 2006

Bjorn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
with the 1st hour being a backstage pre-record.

GRRRR :evil: 30 minutes is bad enough, but a full hour :evil: :evil:

Why do R1 keep doing this. :evil: Why can't he do the whole two hrs live on stage like he use to. It just doesn't make sense.

The weekend has landed and global has started. Cant wait to get down there to hear the music and meet new folk. Sadly im having to leave at half past 5 in the morning tomorrow but its gonna be well worth it. I'll be sure to get plenty pics and videos if i dont lose my camera.

Yes what ever happened to them 2 hour live shows, where some serious tunes were to be heard?

very true my friend lets complain 2 radio1 we want 2hrs of Banging beats no inturuptions just good tunes 8-)

Completely agree. 2 hours Friday nights, nothing beat them :cry:

Who went then fellas? Start a new thread with some reviews - intriqued to see how you all got on :)

Maybe we could plan well ahead and try arrange a massive board meet up for an event :roll:

Global was supurb!!

Armin, Oakey, Marco V and Jules's 1st set were all supurb. Eddie Halliwell was disappointing I thought - not as much scratching and trickery as i'd hoped, and the tunes were fairly average - nothing special stood out.

It was disappointing that Paul Van Dyk didn't play, and i'm annoyed that Global hadn't told anyone that he wasn't playing. Its now been leaked out that they've known for a couple of weeks that he wasn't playing, but continued to tell everyone that he'd be there.

I interviewed Armin & Jules backstage, so i'll get those online for you if you're interested in listening? I should have had an interview with Oakey too, but he turned up late and only got there just in time for his set, so he was unable to take any press interviews :(

Archived