Jules' R1 Show 26/8/06

bigsteve

Chanel - 'My Life (Fonzerilli mix)' (Hed Kandi)

Francesco Diaz - 'In The Sunshine' (Musica Diaz)

Funky Tried and Tested

Atrium - 'I'm In Love With You (Robbie Rivera mix)' (White)

Chris Lake ft. Laura V - 'Changes' (Apollo)

Illuminati - 'It's A Saxy Thing' (White)

M.A.N.D.Y. - 'Body Language (Tocadisco remix)' (Get Physical)

Melee Fresh - 'Beautiful Rich and Horny' (White)

Dada - 'My Life' (White)

Smokescreen - 'Retoxed' (White)

Mason - 'Exceeder' (Sound Division)

Krowd Killaz - 'Mr. Brightside' (White)

David Guetta vs. The Egg - 'Walking Away (Don't Let Me Go) (DJM remix)' (Gusto)

Unknown - 'Timewarp' (White)

Re:Locate - 'Alcatraz' (Galactive)

Morph & Rank 1 - 'A Life Less Ordinary' (White)

Abel Ramos - 'Electro Fun (K. System mix)' (Reset Records)

Old School Track

Agnelli & Nelson - 'El Nino' (Club Tools)

The Saturday Night Mix

DNS - 'Frozen Desert' (White)

Dave 202 - 'Generate The Wave (Fabio Stein mix)' (White)

Fabio Stein vs. Kalwi & Remi - 'From Poland To Brazil' (White)

Fred Baker & Greg Nash - 'Lunar Eclipse' (Spinnin')

The Last Dance

Cassandra Fox - 'Touch Me' (White)

Might give this a listen for the Mr Brightside mix and a few others. Was Touch Me the Koglin/Grant mix?

its pretty much just a rip of the "thin white duke" remix of mr brightside I think. Then kicks in very abel ramos - e craig remix style... Not bad I spose, but no drama either!

I still second what I think it was dewi who said in another post where jules turns up and drops a few Fabio Stein stuff. Who's show is it - Jules or Stein's??? :roll:

I still second what I think it was dewi who said in another post where jules turns up and drops a few Fabio Stein stuff. Who's show is it - Jules or Stein's???  

yea he does seem to be playing alot of Fabios stuff, and I hate to say it but all of his stuff is sounding a bit samey now.. from poland to brazil is more or less tran-4.. he could be playing choons from people who arent as recognised as fabio. although he's only getting popular in the last few months but still he drowning us with fabio stein's stuff.

Yeah Fabio's stuff you can guess so easily, not really a fan of Tran 4 for and carbon copy after carbon copy near enough isnt helping.

Fabio's stuff is only as "guessable" as I find Tiesto's tracks, or Michael Woods. It's a sound that I suppose you either take to or don't. "Poland To Brazil" was actually made by Kalwi & Remi, using a synth sample created by Fabio because they asked for something that'd serve well as a follow up along the same lines as Tran 4.

Well that 'riff' that fabio created as you say deffo sounds like tran 4 jus in different key or there abouts... the title is just as bad as from paris to berlin...

Michael Woods has a v.distinctive style I agree, but it nowhere near is predictable as Fabio's. Same goes for Tiesto & PVD, who always uses pretty much the same symbol crashes...

Seeming as Jules has narrowed his prime mix down to a mere four tunes, and fabio stein taking 50% of that, I find bit boring and dissapointing really...

agreed wit chris!! his productions are becomming very predictable.. i liked tran-4 when it came out, it seemed very new and fresh! he should be concentrating on making that same impact he did with tran-4, not continue that same sound into new choons. It doesnt work nowadays in this competitive music business!

Agree with most of the above points but think that Dormouse has raised a very good point, if you like a producers signature sound then hearing these Fabio Stein tunes must be fantastic, personally i really like Niklas Harding's sound and that doesn't really differ too much from production to production either, but the fact that i like the formula, shall we say, means that more often than not i really like the end result.

Those people that like the Fabio Stein 'sound' will probably love hearing all of these productions and if Jules rates him then i think that he is justified in playing a lot of them, particularly if they go down well in clubs

• 1 month later...

Archived