Why you shouldn't play cr@p music...

bigsteve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPlTmadxMS4

I saw this posted on the IO board and its a lesson to everyone that DJs!

On a similar theme, we had a party back here on Saturday morning after seeing Basement Jaxx (who were suprisingly very good and played on a very trancey theme). Anyway, we got back here and moved the deck stand with all the equipment on top, through to the living room. As we did so, the top shelf slid off the stand and the 2 Turntables, Mixer, CDJ and powered speakers went with it, crashing to the floor :cry:

My heart dropped out of me and we all stood there in shock with repeated of cries of, 'Don't worry Steve, we'll all chip in to replace them.' I took teacher-like charge of the situation and managed to get it all back on and set-up. Exceptionally fortunately, the only damage is to one of the clip-on cartrige protectors.

Lesson learnt; don't attempt potentially expensive equipment manoevres at silly times in the morning after a heavy night :lol:

my 21st birthday at gatecrasher in 1999, someone threw a pound coin at jules. he'd just mixed Gouryella in, and it knocked the record so much it skipped near the end.

Needless to say, Jules didn't have time to mix another record in, instead waited for it to finish, then said he wasn't playing anymore til the guy who threw it was identified.

all the people around him pointed him out, Jules told him to get out before the bouncers came and kicked him out!

happy days! :D

Archived