Michael Woods - Best Production?

Aza

Ok guys, there have been a few great Woods productions.

What is your best three?

I would have to go for....

1. Warrior - If You Want Me

2. Warrior - Warrior

3. Jules & Woods - So Special

Quite hard to decide when you look at his remix's aswell including the likes of Solar Stone, Salt Tank, Candee Jay etc....

"Warrior" definitely - though the pre-release promo version only - when it was finally released there were loads more vocals, the piano riff was cut right down, and an annoying change in bassline which, in my opinion, ruined it! I still have the MD when Jules played it, and, not knowing who 'Warrior' was then, he quipped "That's Warrior BY the Warrior. Or vice-versa, I'm not sure which... they obviously couldn't be bothered the think of a good artist name but it's an excellent track all the same!"... haha :lol:

His remix of Freefall's Skydive is the best stab at trying to remix a classic, did quite a good job there I think though you can never beat the original mix. I liked "Heaven Scent" too, did that come under his alias of M1??

hmmm, good topic aza!

my top three would have to be

1.Warrior

2.If U Want Me & 25th hour (Tied)

25th hour is till in my box, still love it, but i think his older stuff was better.

Remeber watchin 'the 51st state' and hearing warrior come on, chooooooooon!!!

Solex was top quality, and you often hear that kinda thing emulated in trance songs at the moment.

His remixes are quality, like the way he made Candee Jay's 'If I Were You' credible!

He is a dance music master, and is also a friend of a friend (not including Jules!)

M1 - Heaven Sent was a great tune.

Already the others you have mentioned make me begin to contemplate my choices....

Solex especially! But "If You Want Me" is by far the best IMO! Vocal release ruined it!

1) Solar Stone - Seven cities (Michael woods remix) Ok this isnt actually his track originally but I think its a good remix.

2) Warrior - If you want me (Instrumental) The vocal was cack.

3) Matt Darey - Liberation 2005 (Not amazing but still a good remix)

Archived